Why do people underestimate the victory over Anderson but overestimate Ngannous win over Cain?

Cain wasn’t 10 years out of his prime and the last fight he had before ngannou was a dominant performance

Haha, it really feels like you are overselling Cain in this post.

Cain is at least 6 years out of his prime and his only win in the past 6 years is a win over Travis Browne, who has lost 5 out of his last 6 fights

If you stop crying about how unfair it is your favorite fighter isnt getting all the props you think he deserves and think about it it is a pretty easy conclusion to understand. As someone said already, Cain ability is an unknown right now. Anderson has been losing fights and looking bad for a while now. Furthermore plenty of people aren’t giving Francis credit like you claim everyone is and blame his win on a freak injury. So you know, not only is your complaint silly it’s also factually untrue

The level that Anderson is at now as a fighter is fairly well know. The level that Cain is at is not well known and lots of people think/hope that he's still close to as good as he once was.

Idk how anybody can think this though. Everybody slows down in their mid 30s if they aren't chemically enhanced.

Cain is going on 37 now. Hasn't beaten anybody but Traivs Browne since he was 31 years old and has spent most the last half decade injured.

Just look at his body for fucks sake. He's never been the most in shape guy, but he is way flabbier than he even used to be. He looks like he rolled off the couch for this fight and moved like it too. He didn't look fluid at all. His kicks, quite frankly, looked ridiculous.

Cain just looks like a shot fighter to me. Being shot can still make you a top 10 HW though lol, so we will see.

Cain just looks like a shot fighter to me. Being shot can still make you a top 10 HW though lol, so we will see.

I dont see it.

I think he should fight a top 15-20 guy, then he can see if he still has it in him.

Maybe he needs money and thats why he fought a top guy, because UFC wouldnt pay him 100-500k to fight a top 15-20 guy.

Idk how anybody can think this though. Everybody slows down in their mid 30s if they aren't chemically enhanced.

Cain is going on 37 now. Hasn't beaten anybody but Traivs Browne since he was 31 years old and has spent most the last half decade injured.

Just look at his body for fucks sake. He's never been the most in shape guy, but he is way flabbier than he even used to be. He looks like he rolled off the couch for this fight and moved like it too. He didn't look fluid at all. His kicks, quite frankly, looked ridiculous.

I'm not saying I agree with those people that think Cain could have been just as good as ever, just saying lots of people seemed to think it.

I dont see it.

I think he should fight a top 15-20 guy, then he can see if he still has it in him.

Maybe he needs money and thats why he fought a top guy, because UFC wouldnt pay him 100-500k to fight a top 15-20 guy.

I actually just think that Cormier and Mendes and the people in their camp have blown smoke so far up his ass that he thought he was still the same guy.

In the post fight interview, he was normal. Congratualed Ngannou and said he got to close.

Since? It was his knee. Illegal blows etc. All the BS coming from the people around makes it seem to me that they blow smoke up his ass. Cardio Cain didn't even need altitude training for Mexico City haha

Because Adesanya fought an extremely cautious fight over a proven past his prime Silva and won an unimpressive Decision. Ngannou fought Velasquez, whom we don’t know is past his prime, and he ko’d him 26 seconds. Clearly a more impressive win.

Because Adesanya fought an extremely cautious fight over a proven past his prime Silva and won an unimpressive Decision. Ngannou fought Velasquez, whom we don’t know is past his prime, and he ko’d him 26 seconds. Clearly a more impressive win.

What If Adensaya wasnt even going 100% cuz he loves Anderson so much?

Would not be the first time.

A win over grandpa cain with no chin is better than Anderson, whos 1000 times in a better shape shape than cain, with good reflexes and a good chin?

I just cant follow the logic of MMA fans, maybe im just too dumb for this sport lol

If grandpa Cain tried this, he would break his back!
ArcticRepentantKitty-small.gif

I actually just think that Cormier and Mendes and the people in their camp have blown smoke so far up his ass that he thought he was still the same guy.

In the post fight interview, he was normal. Congratualed Ngannou and said he got to close.

Since? It was his knee. Illegal blows etc. All the BS coming from the people around makes it seem to me that they blow smoke up his ass. Cardio Cain didn't even need altitude training for Mexico City haha

I said (days before the fight) that cain looks old as fuck. I have no idea why people believed that cold cain was back. Im sure he was there just for the paycheck lol

Maybe Cain vs Ngannou 2 will say a lot more, but Cains is more fragil than my grandpa.

I still give him a chance.

What If Adensaya wasnt even going 100% cuz he loves Anderson so much?

Would not be the first time.

A win over grandpa cain with no chin is better than Anderson, whos 1000 times in a better shape shape than cain, with good reflexes and a good chin?

I just cant follow the logic of MMA fans, maybe im just too dumb for this sport lol

If grandpa Cain tried this, he would break his back!
ArcticRepentantKitty-small.gif

You’re making a lot of assumptions. You’re assuming he took it easy, no proof of that. Perhaps he struggled more with a proven past his prime Silva, as evidenced by his previous fights.

On the other hand, we don’t know where Cain is at. His last fight before Ngannou he destroyed Travis Browne and then was out two years.

And regardless of all that, a less than 30 second KO is always more impressive than a competitive decision. I think you have a lot of bias here.

You’re making a lot of assumptions. You’re assuming he took it easy, no proof of that. Perhaps he struggled more with a proven past his prime Silva, as evidenced by his previous fights.

On the other hand, we don’t know where Cain is at. His last fight before Ngannou he destroyed Travis Browne and then was out two years.

And regardless of all that, a less than 30 second KO is always more impressive than a competitive decision. I think you have a lot of bias here.

and lol@Travis Browne.

Even this version of Silva is a much better win than grandpa cain.

Oh it wouldnt be the first time.
pat-barry-crocop-hug.jpg

cro-cop.jpg

and lol@Travis Browne.

Even this version of Silva is a much better win than grandpa cain.

Oh it wouldnt be the first time.
pat-barry-crocop-hug.jpg

cro-cop.jpg

A dominating 1st round finish over an at the time top 10 fighter at the time. He looked just fine in his last fight. Not enough evidence to say he’s past it.

Silva clearly is. Lost every fight but two since he lost the belt and one was overturned. The other was by most accounts a robbery.

Also, there’s also lots of fights where a young fighter just struggled with a veteran, you’re making a lot of assumptions to play up the Adesanya win, which most view as a pretty underwhelming performance.

A dominating 1st round finish over an at the time top 10 fighter at the time. He looked just fine in his last fight. Not enough evidence to say he’s past it.

Silva clearly is. Lost every fight but two since he lost the belt and one was overturned. The other was by most accounts a robbery.

Also, there’s also lots of fights where a young fighter just struggled with a veteran, you’re making a lot of assumptions to play up the Adesanya win, which most view as a pretty underwhelming performance.

People made fun of Reem when lost to Brown LOL

Silva lost ... okay.
Daniel Cormier = Did you even watch that fight? How much time did he had? 1 week?
Bisping = Well... you know that was Silvas mistake.
tumblr_o39ebhG6Ju1u2ragso4_r1_250.gif

Weidman: The first fight was 100% a loss, but the second fight, he just broke his leg ... i know, its still a loss.

Silva is still a much better win than grandpa Cain with no chin. He is in a better shape, good chin and his reflexes are still great.

Silva >>>>>>>> Cain

People made fun when Overeem lost to Brown LOL

Silva lost ... okay.
Daniel Cormier = Did you even watch that fight? How much time did he had? 1 week?
Bisping = Well... you know that was Silvas mistake.
tumblr_o39ebhG6Ju1u2ragso4_r1_250.gif

Weidman: The first fight was 100% a loss, but the second fight, he just broke his leg ... i know, its still a loss.

Silva is still a much better win than grandpa cain with no chin. He is in a better shape, good chin and his reflexes are still great.

Silva >>>>>>>> Cain

Look, I love Silva. He’s my favorite fighter. But he’s nowhere near what he once was. A win over him nowadays is not a massive deal anymore. Take into account also that Adesanya was supremely cautious and played it very safe, it was an unimpressive performance. Period.

On the other hand, Velasquez had one knockout loss, so not sure where you are getting glass chin from. He also looked very good in his previous performance, something you cannot say about Silva’s more recent performances except against your boy, wonder why that is.

And even if you take all of that away and chalk both Silva and Velasquez as past their prime, one guy had a cautious decision and the other had a 26 second KO. Obviously, one of those is more impressive.

You are reaching to prop up your boy. He looked unimpressive in his last fight, but he also definitely won. Stop glorifying it as an amazing win.

Last edited:
Back