• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why Do People "Respect" CM Punk For MMA Faux Pas

That's on the UFC.
He wanted to fight and UFC made the offer. He did demand the main card, they put him there. No one would turn that shit down
I don't know man.

I think if i had zero experience i wouldn't put myself on the main stage. In addition to just embarrassing myself, disrespecting the fighters

The UFC should have went with Ed O'Neill...

Ed-ONeill.jpg

It’s sick that he’s a Gracie black belt.

because without any combat sport background, almost out of his prime, started to train and fought.

even if he did those fight in the amateur circuit, he has my respect for following his dreams and trying something he was sure he'll fail but he did it anyways.

I don't know man.

I think if i had zero experience i wouldn't put myself on the main stage. In addition to just embarrassing myself, disrespecting the fighters

I have to say, I don't he cares. Nor does his bank account.

Look I was into Punk when I thought he was gonna walk from WWE in 2012. I was with him in 2014 when the Authority was trying to hold him down and he was right there at the now infamous Bootista Royal Rumble when Bryan Danielson's push to the title was undeniable. His last match was the 2014 RR where he drew #1 I still member I was rooting for him or BD.

But this MMA shit was just wack and pathetic. NOT EVEN BORK LASER FOUGHT HIS FIRST FIGHT IN THE UFC. Dana wasn't even proclaiming CM as some super talent. It was almost like he told Dana, "Look, I'm hurting for money and I really don't mind getting my ass kicked, let me fight. I'll be a big draw just like in the E."

I'm convinced he never trained and just cut the weight for the fights. He looked so bad that Dana actually ended up looking equally senseless considering he had zero talent and drew only ok. CM Punk was a glorified stunt man who took MMA bumps for a huge payday.
Where were you when this was all beaten to death during the few years it was all going on?

Every UFC card should have one celeb fight and I don't care if they pretend to actually train with established MMA gym.

Back