Why do people pretend Ben didn't take Robbie's best shots????

I think they're both awesome and Ben showed he's a warrior because Robbie was a demon in that fight, what a great, if a bit short battle .

I'm all on board with this. You don't have to hate on anybody here. They were both JBG studs in that fight.
All the more reason to run it back.

Because he went out and is lucky the ref didn't stop the fight.

However, he did look calm and composed afterwards and was able to put himself in a position to let the screwy finish happen.

Ben is a tough guy, but that fight was razor close to being stopped. And a submission like a bulldog choke is kind of a flukey sub to get in my eye

Masvidal is a whole different animal though. Very quick striker good footwork. If Masvidal can avoid a clinchy wrestlefuckery type fight ben has no chance.

Ben must get a takedown in the first two minutes or he will get picked apart.
I don't think Masvidal is at all a different animal than Robbie, but assuming he is...

Ben's ability to hold someone down is far better than Maia's and we saw how that went. As terrible as this is to say, Maia's standup is leaps better than Ben's so we are back to square one with the grappler vs. striker question.

????

everyone knows askren got his head punched into the ground and survived.. doesn't mean lawler wouldn't have still knocked him out later in the fight.

ben never gets picked apart...and askren was on lawler so fast, he didn't have a chance to do anything, once askren survived the initial onslaught. I don't think mas hits hard enough to stop askren...he certainly doesn't hit harder than robbie.

you don't have to hit hard to knock someone out.

do you think Masvidal hits harder than Woodley? i don't, but he still knocked Darren Till the fuck out when Woodley didn't.

Back