Why do people get mad at the dominant Grappler in a boring decision?

In fights like this I always see people rage at the guy laying on their opponent. Ya'll should redirect your rage at the guy whose skillset is so shit you could replace him with a random bouncer from a nightclub.

<JagsKiddingMe>

If the guy on bottom is so shit... then the dominant grappler should just get him out of there.

I completely agree, one of the reason I hate average MMA fan discourse. You have WWE for strictly entertainment part. Why would anyone be angry at someone who completely dominates and cannot get a finish because a guy can defend submissions which is completely different skillset than defending takedowns? What is he supposed to do? Stand himself up so a guy on a couch can enjoy it more?

beacuse this isn't a bjj match up, this isnt grappling, and whole minutes were wasted where no punches were thrown, where no armbars were went for, where the ref repeteadedly warned them, where fuck all happened.

To the mainstream casuals, just holding your opponent on the ground for 5 rounds is very boring

I'm mad at Almedia's cardio. The safe start makes sense but the fact he gassed harder than Lewis did was what made the fight such a slog to watch. I just don't understand how he can fight at his preferred pace, be safe and still gas out... Guys like Blaydes and Cain are naturally bigger dudes and have shown how to effectively do damage without gassing like crazy.

Agree for the most part. But after the 2nd round Almedia showed a lack of effort to finish. The sub attempts stopped coming and didn't throw much gnp from top

End of the day it is on the fighter getting grappled banged to not let it happen though

Seen a lot of people already calling Almeida garbage and trash and that he should be cut. If Almeida is trash then Lewis should be bottom of the barrel filth
Yeah, him being cut is a ridiculous take.

Not a memorable fight in terms of excitement, but he did what he needed to do.

Not going to lie and say I'm frothing at the mouth to see his next fight though.

To the mainstream casuals, just holding your opponent on the ground for 5 rounds is very boring

Don't misunderstand me it IS fucking boring. I'm saying get mad at Lewis for being so shit that he gets held down easily by Almeida and giving up mount every time without a fight. Don't get mad at Almeida

Just a crop of new casual MMA fans who are more interested in watching exhibition boxing matches like the Paul bros or Ngannous flop of a charade and can’t possibly comprehend the complexities of guard passing and dominant position.

Almeida did what he was supposed to do: win big and take little damage.

go to almedia to taka MMA class. dude had the advvantageous position, and did NOTHING with it. fucking a
NOTHING seemed to work pretty well, got him a convincing dominant win with 0 damage.

In fights like this I always see people rage at the guy laying on their opponent. Ya'll should redirect your rage at the guy whose skillset is so shit you could replace him with a random bouncer from a nightclub.

<JagsKiddingMe>
just-bleed.gif

Sherdog it's a Just Bleed Forum what do you expect lol they want raw violence.

Almeida looked for position only, never looked for the finish. Pass on him. Aspinall will smoke him, if he happens to get lucky enough for a contender fight next.

Back