Why do judges need to pick a winner immediately after the fight?

MMA is relatively new but some of the rules and rituals are borrowed from other combat sports. I feel like one of the worst aspects of MMA is ‘robberies’ or ‘bad judging.’ I think judges shouldn’t be expected to make a decision immediately after a fight. I believe a judge should have the opportunity to watch/score a fight live then go back and re-watch it and come to a decision a day or two or even a week later. It would help rid the sport of bad decisions and give the fans something to look forward to. Or every fight should be a draw unless a stoppage occurs.

Seems like the Judges get it wrong while the Fans get it right. I think of the saying, "they are book smart but no common sense." Seems like the Judges are book smart while the fans have common sense.

They focus on the tree which make them miss the forrest. I think this is what is going on with our Judges because Fans usually get it right in their reaction. However, within their details, even their details are at odds with each other. Some favor other things during a fight, like a take down, cause one judge has a wrestling background.

Even in a close fights, you can tell who is imposing whose will more during the fight. Damage too, it is easy to see who hurt who more or who wobbled who more. We all know when a striker becomes a wrestler what that means. Or when a wrestler is holding to run the clock. Or when someone has a better chin but is taking more damage. We can tell when someones game plan changes or backfires.

Judges would have to judge based on the big picture to get it right. But, rewatching would help see things if they missed it. I missed JJ elbow that won the fight in round 4 of the first fight. I think judging the fight would be easier if they just watched the fight to the point who apparently had an edge.

The only way to fix this is to have a single judge, Cecil Peoples, to bring the integrity back to judging.

They should drugtest the judges cause some of em have very weird scorecards.

Back