Why do fighters in the UFC hate so much?

Straightcross

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In PRIDE days most fighters got along great but in UFC there is so much animosity towards fighters who are in the spotlight. I remember how many fighters made fun of Sage Northcutt and Mcgregor when they lost. Mcgregor had it coming with his big mouth but Northcutt has the innocence of a Golden Retriever. Seems a lot of them get off at others failing same thing when Jon Jones got caught and right now a lot of them are making fun of CM Punk fighting and he hasn't even fought yet.

Why? Because........

haters-gonna-hate-2.jpg

PRIDE fighters did not get along great, Wand-Rampage was a hate fueled rivalry. Guys fought backstage like Charles Bennett. It was a shit show.

I think you're just seeing the fact fighters have an outlet to voice their opinions now where as before an interview was rare because MMA wasn't popular.

In Pride they could share their steroids, but the UFC took those away and now they all hating.

So you're not buying the concept of roid rage, but rather the concept of Where are my fucking roids-rage?

A lot has to do with jealousy I would guess. They're hating on Conor because he's in the spotlight and they're not, they hated on Sage cuz he was hand picked and made to look like a bigger deal than he was. It's not the fighters fault it's the UFC's for giving obvious special treatment to fighters.

i agree. sage and punk hate is unwarranted. haters gon' hate, it's human nature

They've all come to realize that shit talking sells. You wanna make 24/24 or 100/100

Talk shit, get paid

Back in Pride, MMA wasn't that big still. It typically brought a lot of TMA guys and sport specific martial artists like boxers, bjj, karate, Thai guys etc together to watch all around General martial arts competition.

These are actual practitioners of martial arts and thus knew the struggle of fighting and were respectful.

When MMA became mainstream all the normies who think they can fight but have never sparred a day in their life came in and started calling mma fighters named and being disrespectful the same way they live their disrespectful lives.

In PRIDE days most fighters got along great but in UFC there is so much animosity towards fighters who are in the spotlight. I remember how many fighters made fun of Sage Northcutt and Mcgregor when they lost. Mcgregor had it coming with his big mouth but Northcutt has the innocence of a Golden Retriever. Seems a lot of them get off at others failing same thing when Jon Jones got caught and right now a lot of them are making fun of CM Punk fighting and he hasn't even fought yet.

it's the UFC culture. Different promotions in the same sport can have vastly different attitudes present in their lockerrooms. A perfect example is comparing the culture and locker room in Paul Heyman's ECW to the Time Warner/AOL owned WCW.

In WCW, the wrestlers on top with the highest salaries did everything they could to hold down new talent so that the young talented wrestlers wouldn't take their spots in the promotion as main venters.

In contrast, in ECW he veteran wrestlers did all they could to help out the new recruits and the young, inexperienced guys on the roster. They did so not out of altruism but out of the belief that by helping a new, young wrestler improve his wrestling skills so as to get over with the fans that would mean they had one more person with whom to have great matches with instead of holding all the young guys down and ending up with nobody left with whom to have great matches.

it's the UFC culture. Different promotions in the same sport can have vastly different attitudes present in their lockerrooms. A perfect example is comparing the culture and locker room in Paul Heyman;s ECW to the Time Warner/AOL owned WCW.

In WCW, the wrestlers on top with the highest salaries did everything they could to hold down new talent so that the young talented wrestlers wouldn't take their spots in the promotion as main venters.

In contrast, in ECW he veteran wrestlers did all they could to help out the new recruits and the young, inexperienced guys on the roster. They did so not out of altruism but out of the belief that by helping a new, young wrestler improve his wrestling skills so as to get over with the fans that would mean they had one more person with whom to have great matches with instead of holding all the young guys down and ending up with nobody left with whom to have great matches.

Yes it's the UFC culture because the UFV is the most mainstream and thus acts accordingly to appeal to normies.

Hype sells PPVs to casuals. Fake beef = hype.

They've all come to realize that shit talking sells. You wanna make 24/24 or 100/100

Talk shit, get paid

Obviously the most reasonable explanation. It's getting to a point though where it's getting laughable (well, even more laughable).

I believe Sage's approach is the next level. All smiles. Being polite and smiling is the new talking shit. God, I hate him. Stop annoying me by being all nice...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back