Why didn't Reyes win first 3?

untitled

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Is octagon control a deciding factor in this fight ? I though Reyes easily won the first three rounds , like , easily. Rewatch the fight and see how scared Jones was to throw his hands after that first initial exchange. I just don't understand how you score any of the first three rounds with Jones winning but he did have "octagon control" , is that why he won ? Been watching UFC and mma since the 2000s and I just don't understand.

Not a fucking clue

If the striking and grappling is extremely close then octagon control is important, but in rounds where Jones is outstruck, getting hit with harder shots and is literally turning his back and running away from shots... I have no idea how he took any of those rounds

Octagon control is counted when the other parameters are same. OC doesn't take precedence over strikes landed which Reyes clearly had more. This was a robbery..

Judges fucking suck their job

these are the same cunts who openly score rounds poorly because it'll help a promoter in boxing

in mma they are just braindead retards

yes.....the "Deciding" Factor was jon walking forward and getting outstruck in round 2... even tho reyes landed more and seemingly harder walking forward wins you the round

I remember thinking Jones edged round two just because it seemed like Reyes was circling away for the last 3-4 minutes of the round and Jones was stalking him while keeping the strike count close.

I'd have to watch it again though.

Reyes didn't really do anything tbh. He landed a kick here and there, but Jones dominated/outclassed him for most of the fight.

Is octagon control a deciding factor in this fight ? I though Reyes easily won the first three rounds , like , easily. Rewatch the fight and see how scared Jones was to throw his hands after that first initial exchange. I just don't understand how you score any of the first three rounds with Jones winning but he did have "octagon control" , is that why he won ? Been watching UFC and mma since the 2000s and I just don't understand.
Reyes won the first three rounds.

Jones wasn't always walking forward. Sometimes he was running away. Reyes won. Just like Jones "didn't really lose to Hamill", Jones "didn't really win vs Reyes".

Reyes didn't really do anything tbh. He landed a kick here and there, but Jones dominated/outclassed him for most of the fight.

I didn't see that at all , the first three rounds Jones walked around and got hit. He was scared to throw punches it looked like.

UFC lost all their credibility. Becoming WWE

Not a fucking clue

If the striking and grappling is extremely close then octagon control is important, but in rounds where Jones is outstruck, getting hit with harder shots and is literally turning his back and running away from shots... I have no idea how he took any of those rounds

Because fuck Significant Strikes that's why!

Smh.

So is walking forward while getting thumped the new meta for defending titles?

Not a fucking clue

That makes sense , looks like it was scored with big importance this fight. It shouldn't even matter, where you stand in relation to the center of a cage/ring doesn't mean anything.

Why is walking forward a good thing automatically ? If two fighters threw 0 strikes and one just walked towards another who backed up , why is that important ?

close rounds and fight, but had Reyes winning the first 3 rounds and Jones the last 2... but one judge giving Jones 4 rounds, come on now

Did anyone think Jones won any of the first three rounds though ? I just don't get it, the only thing I can think of is octagon control.

Back