Why didn't Conor choose to fight RDA or Robbie?

Russ82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Both at 170 and would get him more respect. Both would stand and trade with him

Money fights. Robbie and RDA don't produce as much as cowboy does for ratings. Robbie and RDA also have pure grit toughness as well. Cowboy on the other hand caves when he faces opponents that are being the aggressor and Conor may be able to put Cowboy in such a position where he could be finished if they reach this psychological hurdle that burdens Cerrone with such fighters that exhibit intense pressure and pace without backing down from his strikes. That's why Cerrone has never been and will never be champ. He does not have the grit and fire to reach deep down so Conor can be more of a bully with this mindset.

Last edited:
Cowboys the bigger name, RDA is no name, if the belt isn't around his waist, Colin has no incentive whatsoever to fight him.

Lawler would be fun, but the cowboy fight is bigger

neither one has the name of cowboy and both are tougher fights for conor. pretty simple.

Both at 170 and would get him more respect. Both would stand and trade with him
Robbie Lawler would kill Conor. LOL He is way too big for him.

They could both 1 punch KO Conor whereas Cowboy can only 1 kick KO Conor.

They are too much man for manlet conrad.

Conor can fuck Lawler up .... at least this washed up version. Rda is a tough one. 50/50... Cowboy deserves a good payday before leaving.

Money fights. Robbie and RDA don't produce as much as cowboy does for ratings. Robbie and RDA also have pure grit toughness as well. Cowboy on the other hand caves when he faces opponents that are being the aggressor and Conor may be able to put Cowboy in such a position where he could be finished if they reach this psychological hurdle that burdens Cerrone with such fighters that exhibit intense pressure and pace without backing down from his strikes. That's why Cerrone has never been and will never be champ. He does not have the grit and fire to reach deep down so Conor can be more of a bully with this mindset.

Pot meet kettle.

McGregor tweeted this after the Raging Al fight.

afa20089fc7f336a53b868f2bcf8e2a9.jpg

How is Donald better known than Robbie? He was champ a long time and fought on mcgregors undercard. As many casuals would know who he is compared to Donald

Reason was that he wants to continue at 155 and go for the title so he fought a LW.......BUT....at WW. Ya I know. Basically the way Dana explained it is that it's two LWs fighting that just aren't cutting weight.

Didn't Cowboy beat Lawler recently? But "Lawler would kill Conor!!" and "omg, Conor taking the easy fight!!"

Because he chose to fight Cowboy
He can fight only who the UFC are willing to offer him
Do we have any info who were his choices?

I think Conor would probably ko Lawler pretty quick. And Rda and Cowboy also beat Lawler. That would be too much of a give me fight.

RDA would be a good fight.

Cowboy is also a good fight.

But I think the UFC chose his opponent, Conor chose the date. He probably also chose the weight so he could possibly set up a fight with Masvidal if he wins.

I personally would have rather seen Conor and Gaethje.

Back