Why did the UFC sign CM Punk & Brock but not Jake Hagar, Bautista or Dillion Danis

if hager and danis can make a name for themselves in mma over at belator I think it will get danas attention

I think he is done signing cross over athletes that aren't a huge draw already

Bautista's was just a bucket list thing. He had no delusions of competing in major MMA orgs.

Meanwhile dude is now having a lot of success in the acting world. Avengers, Guardians, Blade Runner: 2049; he's good.

I think Chael Sonnen had a big part in bringing CM Punk into UFC? IIRC they were buddies and they ran the idea by brass- which is why CM Punk had that year of training after the announcement.. as opposed to getting a win somewhere else first- like Brock did before coming into UFC.

Kind of frustrating that Hager is 37. Seems to me he has a lot of potential given his credentials and the outcome of his first two Bellator fights. He can still do well, but time is not really on his side.

The CM Punk signing makes conversations like this possible. So anyone mad about the "shit" thread should really be mad at the UFC for signing CM Punk. They could have done a freakshow with Bautista against Kimbo or Dada.

Hagar with his background seems like a good choice, but he was no one in wrestling. No point in that case. It is like just signing any random 0-0 guy with a legit background.

Brock and Baustista were both BEASTs and WWE champions, so why only sign Brock

CM Punk and Jake Hagar were also prominent WWE stars, but why only sign CM Punk

The UFC is willing to take a shot on Greg Hardy and Kimbo, but not Dillion Danis, especially with all his connection to McGregor

I can understand why some of the older, washed up past their prime fighters like Tito, Chael, Big Country, Mir, Rampage, Wanderlei, etc go to Bellator, as the competition is easier, the drug testing is less, and they can get big sponsorships

I also understand why boring, but talented point fighters like Rory, Bader, Phil Davis, etc go to Bellator is the UFC doesnt want to pay a lot for boring fighters

But honestly...why would the UFC not sign Hagar or Danis?

They could put them on a weaker PPV such as one with a WMMA title fight to increase the buyrate and publicity...similar to what they did by putting CM Punk on PPV cards

money is part of it and the level of cans bellator had to offer.

Batista never wanted to prove he was a tough motherfucker.

He just wanted to do one fight as a bucket list type of thing.

Jack Swagger was a no name mid carder in WWE dana doesnt care about him.

Dillon Danus is a boring jitz guy whos unproven

Batista looked bad in his MMA fight and is old

Jake Hager is a no-name and Batista was in his 40s with no experience. Brock was early 30s coming in and of course there's no excuse for the CM Punk signing.

Hager fucking sucks too. Almost as bad as this thread does.

Completely forgot about CM Punk. Is he done? Haven't heard mention of him before this shit thread.

if hager and danis can make a name for themselves in mma over at belator I think it will get danas attention

I think he is done signing cross over athletes that aren't a huge draw already
Eh, Danis would have been a massive draw for a UFC debut. My guess is he'd draw more than 2/3 of the UFC, if not higher. I assume Danis wants to work on his skills before moving to UFC. He hasn't looked all that special in his two fights. I also think it's very possible Dana wants guys with a bit of experience in MMA.

Because Punk is blessed with
qCRLesi.gif

<31>

Eh, Danis would have been a massive draw for a UFC debut. My guess is he'd draw more than 2/3 of the UFC, if not higher. I assume Danis wants to work on his skills before moving to UFC. He hasn't looked all that special in his two fights. I also think it's very possible Dana wants guys with a bit of experience in MMA.
right it would be like the Askren deal, just not ready yet

Why did the UFC not give Matt Damon a chance after the Bourne Identity trilogy. He showed A level athlete quality in those films.

Back