Why did Ronda have no head movement and poor arm defense?

Rubberman1

John Rambo Life Lessons
@purple
Reaction score
Edmond was screaming head movement, you can hear him during the fight.

Yet she doesn't move her head, and when punched she does the soccer mom "arms out grab" to attempt to stop more coming in. I mean, she has been training striking professionally for years and this has never been addressed?

u32388493822202334888fm.gif

That's what happens when everyone tells you you're the best and can beat half the men in the UFC your size instead of telling you the truth so you can improve.

Was rocked in first exchange....on rubber legs and flailing arms the rest of the brief fight.

Was rocked in first exchange....on rubber legs and flailing arms the rest of the brief fight.
This. She can't take a punch and doesn't know what to do when someone hits her in the face. Bad attributes for a professional fighter.

Thats why fighters need to do the fedor thing where you spin until you are dizzy and then shadow box to mimic fighting while being rocked.

For one thing I don't think that she's a great striker... so that'll make everything harder.

I don't really ever remember her showing any head movement. Yelling head movement at someone and teaching them head movement are very different things.

There was a video of Edmond going for some strikes on Ronda and completely looping over her head in the most embarrassing fashion. I cant find the video but its out there.

Asking a fighter who fundamentally doesn't understand how to box to move their head is like asking someone who has never skated before to skate. It takes a fair amount of time to properly learn how to box and move your head, and if you haven't developed that ability (Ronda clearly hasn't), simply asking a fighter to do it isn't going to achieve anything.

Asking a fighter who fundamentally doesn't understand how to box to move their head is like asking someone who has never skated before to skate. It takes a fair amount of time to properly learn how to box and move your head, and if you haven't developed that ability (Ronda clearly hasn't), simply asking a fighter to do it isn't going to achieve anything.

You can be told to move your head in one instruction and then move you head. It may not look good but its moving. She kept it stationary.

sherdog should collectively coach a fighter. Lots of rhetoric with zero analysis or actually strategy.
Why did Dom lose last night? Sherdog: Derr because he was always overrated.
Why did Rhonda Lose last night? Sherdog: because she was never a great fighter.
hmmm ok

Back