Why Did Joanna's Fanbase Crumble and Almost Disappear Entirely?

true i don't see as many white knights around here as we had a while ago

She's my favorite. I get nervous as shit when she fights cuz I don't want her to fuck up her face, but she always crushes. She hasn't had a mediocre bout, the competition has gotten more stiff which is what you want out of a division. You want a Champion to be challenged and rise to the occasion and she always does. SHE should have been the one gettin promoted these years not fat Rousey

You realize Andrade is going to beat her to a pulp?
I must confess to you my slapping hand gets awful twitchy when someone says something along these lines!!!!

You realize Andrade is going to beat her to a pulp?
Yeah right. It'll be a competitive couple of rounds, then she'll get tired, start desperate takedowns (further tiring her out), then she'll be forced to stand and get popped in the face a thousand times. Joanna by TKO

I read the title "Why did Joanna's face crumble and almost disappear entirely?". I don't know how it's possible to read something so wrong but after that it's no wonder I clicked.

(D) I like her, she hasn't fought in a while and there's not much to talk about. Like all girls, she's crazy, I'm cool with that.

Lol to this day
Im still a little taken back by what she said....east Europeans just dont give a shit

Don't be a dumbass. You can hear that shit from the President of the US. Plenty of East Europeans do give a shit and aren't fuckers. What you said lumps you into her category.

She came in like a "freight train".......hasnt maintained that level of intensity. Much like St. Pierre, the guy was "something else" early in his career, but unfortunately played it safe leaving much hope for a return to form.

Was it:
A) Her behavior on The Ultimate Fighter, e.g. 'Go back to the jungle where you belong'.
B) Her mediocre performances and lack of finishes as of late.
C) Her name is so peculiar that her fans eventually forgot it and her.
D) The fanbase is still strong. There just hasn't been a lot to talk about.
E) None of the above.

its female mma non honda related.

none care but 3 days from event and 12 minutes after.

D)

She still has a strong fanbase. As long as Joanna keeps bringing the violence she will have plenty of fans

I don't think it has, people just think she is annoying af because of TUF, it's the same situation with Ronda Rousey; at least, it was. But JJ isn't going to lose anytime soon

Has more to do with the fact that she's gone the distance in her last 3 fights, and the last two were very competitive.

This happens to every dominant champion when they have a bit of a lull. People were down on Anderson after he had the stinker with Maia and near loss to Chael back to back. Then he kicked TRT Vitor in the face and everyone was collectively like "Oh yeah, I forgot, Anderson is the greatest!"

This is a "what have you done for me lately" type of sport.

Joanna's the fifth most popular female fighter on Instagram, after Rousey, Tate, Holm and VanZant. Way ahead of the likes of Waterson, Carano, Nunes, Namajunas etc. Currently has around 728k followers, putting on a thousand every couple of days and up over a quarter of a million since tuf.

So I wouldn't say her fan base has crumbled just that people can't be bothered to post much about her on Sherdog, after all why cast pearls before swine :)

Back