Why Conor won't/shouldn't fight Masvidal next

Aldo is getting a bantamweight title shot. Follow UFC. We all knew this before it was even announced.

https://www.mmanews.com/dana-white-confirms-cejudo-vs-aldo-in-the-works-for-ufc-250/

Also, why on earth are you calling for a diaz rubber match? he just lost to Masvidal himself. Conor fighting Masvidal makes a lot more sense. They will just say he ducked him by doing that.

Nothing you said convinced me, cheers though. I see a good year for MMA rising.
You went to the trouble of getting me a hyperlink, but you didn't go to the trouble of reading the thread. I mentioned the bantamweight title shot, and how it wouldn't take precedence over a red panty night.

Masvidal fight makes more sense than Diaz fight in isolation, I agree. But the premise of the thread is that the UFC wants to build that fight to make it bigger, and getting Jorge the WW title would do that.

But yeah, I agree on the good year ahead. These are nice problems to have. All the fights we're mentioning are great.

Imagine this. Masvidal beats Usman, Conor beats Masvidal and becomes the ww and BMF champ. Khabib moves up and makes Conor tap again. Khabib lightweight, welterweight and BMF champ. GSP comes back and Khabib successfully defends his welterweight title. Khabib retires undefeated as a triple champ.
Khabib goat bless

Hahahaha wow you have a great imagination I think Masvidal and Usman should fight next and Conor takes another easy fight because as good as he looked last night we did expect this so another money fight then a title shot this makes most sense for the $$$$ and th belt then he can't decide if he fights Usman or Khabib Tony winner

The UFC has to make sure they maximise the return on investment with Conor

Masvidal is not beating Usman. It's crazy how the Ufc can set up a guy with 3 favorable style match ups and suddenly everyone forgets his flaws.
I favor Usman too but I dunno what you're talking about. Tell me why you think Usman is such a bad matchup for Masvidal. You may be right and I'm open to being convinced.

Of Jorge's 6 losses, only Maia outgrappled him. The other losses came on the feet. Even Benson and Khabilov couldn't consistently get takedowns, and instead won by edging him on the feet.

I'm curious, did you call out Askren as a favorable style matchup for Masvidal prior to their fight?

You went to the trouble of getting me a hyperlink, but you didn't go to the trouble of reading the thread. I mentioned the bantamweight title shot, and how it wouldn't take precedence over a red panty night.

Masvidal fight makes more sense than Diaz fight in isolation, I agree. But the premise of the thread is that the UFC wants to build that fight to make it bigger, and getting Jorge the WW title would do that.

But yeah, I agree on the good year ahead. These are nice problems to have. All the fights we're mentioning are great.
I dont think we should wait on it. Masvidal’s knee on askren became a mainstream meme that people who dont know what UFC is have seen, with many gif shoops. Strike while the iron is hot I always say cause Jorge is a shit self promoter. He built his name purely on fighting style and abillity.

his style and conor’s match so well for a great fun fight.

Usman is a horrible match up for Mavidal. Competent striking and excellent wrestling with amazing cardio.

He is no Askren who has next to know striking and ran right into his knee.

Masvidal lost to Maia. Strong grappling is his weakness. Similar to the Diaz brothers.

There is a reason the UFC and Masvidal are not campaigning for a title shot. He is excting as hell and they want to cash in on that. Put him in exciting match ups and not get him smothered by Usman. Even Colby would be tough for him.

That's the reason why that BMF nonsense was made.

But that's ok. Masvidal is an entertainment factor and he is really good at it. But he won't be champ.

Conor should fight Aldo next? Do you even pay attention to this sport outside of Conor fights?

I've said this in previous a thread.
Conor fights Jorge first, Khabib second.
2 HUGE PPV's for greedy Dana and for the hater in me, 2 hard fights for Conor.

TLDR
Conor should fight Poirier or Aldo next. Masvidal should go for the WW title with a view to a future Conor WW title fight. Gaethje should go for the LW title with a view to future Conor LW title fight.
No mate.
Corman should challenge for the WW title now and fight Usman. After he loses he should fight Masvidal for the BMF title and lose, then he gos down bc he has no chance at WW and fights Gaethje or the loser of Tony vs Khabib... after he loses he gose down to FW and gives Aldo the rematch wich he loses.

Back