Why aren't we building 24hr DayCare Centers??

I think a better solution would be for jobs to pay enough that one parent can work, and the other can stay home, 1950s style. We need parents to parent their children, not simply fund their upbringing.

I think he was referencing single parents. With 2 parents, one could work the night shift and the other work a day job and never need daycare.

I think it's a good idea but I can't imagine it would be cheap. Plus, I'm trying to imagine what a kid's day looks like with night care since the parent probably wants to sleep after work and the kid needs attention during the day.

Crazy as it seems, I'd almost suggest welfare is better than screwing up a kid's day like that.

Usually daycares, at least the ones around here, have extended hours to accommodate parents that work late or not the normal 8-4, 9-5. They also have 2 "date night" nights a week, stay open until 10pm and you can drop your kids off for a few hrs to go out with your spouse.

They're called orphanages

39066-asian-guy-chewing-thumbs-up-gi-6PAr.gif

Plus, I'm trying to imagine what a kid's day looks like with night care since the parent probably wants to sleep after work and the kid needs attention during the day.

Crazy as it seems, I'd almost suggest welfare is better than screwing up a kid's day like that.

If the child is under 3 years old I highly doubt it could tell the difference.

Last edited:
You sound like such a nurturer TS

then you should open one and get rich

but can you really imagine how terrible it would be to drop your child off to some stranger for the majority of your childs life

The dystopian vision of generations raised by the working poor, dropped off to be put into institutional beds by strangers, picked up by zombie post nightshift single parents whose only concern is to make it through another hellish sleepless day is like the feeling I had after watching Requiem for a Dream. Thanks, TS.

this put my thoughts into words

1. find a sponsor
2. build a large day care
3. hire some ppl and allot them different shifts
4. ???
5. profit

I was at a family reunion in Stockton California, and a bunch of my family members were talking about how hard it was to juggle raising children and working.

There were a lot of things they talked about but what stood out to me was they all agreed that 'if you don't have a partner or family members it was nearly impossible to have a full time job because you will be too busy taking care of the child'.

I asked "Can't you put the child in DayCare while you're working?"

They told me that they're only available for a short period during the day and you usually can't be on time if you have to commute from the DayCare-Job-DayCare-Home; they also said that it was impossible to work the night shift because they're not available at that time period.

I then asked "Aren't there any 24hr DayCares?"

They all looked at me like I just uttered the most retarded statement they ever heard in their lives and yelled "NO!".

Later I Googled if there are any 24hr DayCares; there are none anywhere close to my area. I did see some ones that offered 'evening' care but it was not '24 hours'...

I really think if we built 24hr DayCare Centers that are institutionalized it would greatly improve the Economy because people would be more free to Work and maybe even go to School.

What do you guys think?

I think you should check out my edits to your post

Daycare during the day makes sense because the kids are awake and having other kids to socialize with is generally a good thing. A 24 hour daycare would probably need proper shower and bedding facilities which would make it that much more costly to what daycare already costs. You'd basically be paying an arm and a leg just to have kids sleep in a place other than their own bed. I would think that at night, hiring a baby sitter would probably be cheaper and make more sense.

OP I'm wondering if you know how much daycare costs if its an everyday thing. Back when my wife and I had our first child we checked some daycares and the cost involved was enough of a chunk of her wages that we were better off just having mom stay home.

Depending on where you are, how many kids you have, etc. it can literally be 15k a year per child. The most expensive places are even more than that. If you have 2 or 3 kids the cost of daycare can easily run 20k, 30k, or even more per year.

And no I'm not joking for those of you who don't have kids.

The fact that you referred to the child as "it" is pretty laughable, and is quite telling of your overall knowledge and wisdom when you don't think an individual capable of reading a book (I could read at 2) would be able to tell the difference.

Maybe a 3 years old potato kid, like you.

Under 3 is probably the worst time to do it from a developmental perspective.

And as others have said - they definitely can tell the difference.

Is a daycare still a daycare at midnight?

It should be called 24 hr CHILDcare. Taking care of children, especially younger ones, at night should be easier as they would be sleeping most of the time.

With school age children, if you work 3-11 shift, you seldom see them except to get them up and off to school in the morning.

It should be called 24 hr CHILDcare. Taking care of children, especially younger ones, at night should be easier as they would be sleeping most of the time.

With school age children, if you work 3-11 shift, you seldom see them except to get them up and off to school in the morning.

It should be called "Holyfuck you are going to pay alot for daycare in the middle of the night."

Here are some basic costs per state for just 1 child. (BTW I have 3 so daycare for me would be about 30,000 a year or more.)

From a price-only perspective, the cost of full time care for an infant was over $10,000 per year in 20 states. Here

Back