Why are we giving khabib a pass for calling out GSP?

Cause GSP's called him out before. And they're in the same sport.

GSP will smesh him even though he is old and peg legged and his belly just fell out

MMAthlete wants to make as much money as he/she can in a sport where the average career is short.

And fans complain.

If khabib beats justin then there is no one left in that division to beat so if he wants to retire with GSP as he last fight whats the problem with that? since he has beaten everyone else and please dont bring up tony he got destroyed by justin.

That Tony lost to Justin doesn't mean that much in terms of him facing Khabib because Khabib can't do what Justin did to him as he's not a great striker, he has to fight him in a very different way. Khabib remains the favorite against anyone in the division but Tony is an interesting challenger.

Conor called out the much smaller, RETIRED Mayweather. Blatant cherry picking.

And he still got his ass kicked. Shameful.

Mayweather is an undefeated boxing champ who will be on lists of the best boxers of all time, so for someone without even a single pro boxing fight to fight him is neither cherry picking (apart from picking him due to wanting to make money) nor is it shameful to lose. The size difference isn't even close to bridging that gap so if anything I expected Mayweather to win sooner and not lose any round.

One would either have to be an extreme Conor fan, or a hater with an agenda, to try to claim that he should have had any shot to win that fight.

Yeah. All I’m seeing is GSP getting slated by the usual suspects when it’s Khabib who has called for the fight and is a dream of his to fight his idol regardless if he’s 40 and been retired for years

Mayweather is an undefeated boxing champ who will be on lists of the best boxers of all time, so for someone without even a single pro boxing fight to fight him is neither cherry picking (apart from picking him due to wanting to make money) nor is it shameful to lose. The size difference isn't even close to bridging that gap so if anything I expected Mayweather to win sooner and not lose any round.

One would either have to be an extreme Conor fan, or a hater with an agenda, to try to claim that he should have had any shot to win that fight.
Lots of people were not only picking Conor to win, but to win by KO.

I was also trolling the troll with that post.

Its just like the Hughes vs Royce fight, chance for a true passing of the torch (weight class aside)

that fight was shameful
Hahaha it was, but happened to be the first time I ever watched MMA and totally by chance. A highlight was played on Bravo TV late at night and I was instantly hooked on the sport.

khabib vs GSP is what this sport should be about. Great champions, fighting champions, testing themselves in the honour of this sport.

OP's analogy is wrong but he's still right that people wanting to see Khabib/GSP are mostly just Khabib nuthuggers who know his legacy is lacking and a win over GSP would be huge for him.

The problem is GSP is 40 years old, has fought once in 7 years, and is not the same fighter he used to be, not even if he is in the gym all the time.
glad you can make it out of d1 loser thread to repeat his talking points in this

Controversial opinion maybe, but I don't have as much interest as many in seeing the GSP/Khabib fight. Don't get me wrong; I'd watch it if they made it, but it wouldn't be my first choice. Let Georges enjoy retirement. But it's a weird fight to make IMO. His last fight was at Middleweight coming up on three years ago and many people argue that he didn't look as great then as he did back in he did in his heyday at 170. Him coming back for a one-off at a 165 catchweight -- much less 155 as some are suggesting -- introduces so many variables and question marks at the lightest weight he's ever competed at in his entire career at the age of 39 against one of the most dominant champions in the history of the sport... I don't get the appeal of it. Yet people are acting like it's a must-see event and that if it doesn't happen it'll be a travesty.

I would rather see the Tony fight be Khabib's 30th.

Worst thread of all time.

Conor won the FW title and never defended it. Conor won the LW title and it took him two years to defend and lose that title. He's never fought at LW again. Khabib fought the #1 contender and signed to fight the new #1 contender later in the year.
He didnt defend it.

Controversial opinion maybe, but I don't have as much interest as many in seeing the GSP/Khabib fight. Don't get me wrong; I'd watch it if they made it, but it wouldn't be my first choice. Let Georges enjoy retirement. But it's a weird fight to make IMO. His last fight was at Middleweight coming up on three years ago and many people argue that he didn't look as great then as he did back in he did in his heyday at 170. Him coming back for a one-off at a 165 catchweight -- much less 155 as some are suggesting -- introduces so many variables and question marks at the lightest weight he's ever competed at in his entire career at the age of 39 against one of the most dominant champions in the history of the sport... I don't get the appeal of it. Yet people are acting like it's a must-see event and that if it doesn't happen it'll be a travesty.

I would rather see the Tony fight be Khabib's 30th.
Lol at "let George's enjoy retirement"
He wants this just as bad as khabib,else he wouldn't do it.

Lol at "let George's enjoy retirement"
He wants this just as bad as khabib,else he wouldn't do it.

The two sentiments aren't mutually exclusive. They're not gladiators. I'm not accusing people of marching Georges out to face Khabib out at gunpoint.

I'm just saying what fight I want to and that makes sense to me, personally. And for me IRT Khabib that's an opponent who's a career lightweight that's not retired, active within the division he competes in, and has actually fought in the last couple of years (including quite a bit of unfinished business with the Eagle himself). I get the hype for the GSP fight objectively and I respect the hell out of Georges and his career, but in the frame of a modern day fight with Khabib, it's not my cup of tea personally. YMMV.

Last edited:
Conor called out Mayweather in BOXING and got murdered by mma and boxing communities (rightfully so) but Khabib is calling out A retired untrained GSP in a division lower than he ever fought in and is getting praised ? I don’t like Conor but this double standard is ridiculous and needs to be called out for what it is.

Blatant cherry picking.

This would be a huge stain on the legacy of Khabib and a stain on the sport of MMA.

GSP "retired" as a tactic to get the Khabib fight.

It's not even top 10

All these prime guys calling out 40 year olds at the end of their career trying to gain some legacy they can't get on their own is pathetic
It’s pretty much the toughest stylistic matchup available to Khabib, a guy that most recently won gold two divisions higher. It’s a pretty boss move imo.

Back