• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why are we even entertaining the thought of GSP vs Khabib/Conor?

Why does it matter? You said it's bullshit that he is looking to do so.... lol make up your damn mind.

Actually, just fucking admit you hate GSP and want to see him KO'ed and you truly believe Woodley is the guy to do it, so that is why you so badly want this fight.

Stop sugarcoating these posts and threads. Man up, cut to the chase and say why you want something to happen. Stop acting like you're the boss on what is supposed to happen in a guy's career.

I think Woodley would do it, I thought Robbie would do it too when he was champ.

If GSP actually beat them I would be impressed and give him credit.

GSP has little to gain and everything to lose by fighting woodley. Whether you want to admit it or not, having 3 belts would make him the first fighter in history to have it, and thus makes it extremely special.

Winning then dropping a belt doesn't make it special. I'm not a Conor fan at all, but people bitched about him winning and not defending 2 titles, but when GSP does it, it's special?

Winning then dropping a belt doesn't make it special. I'm not a Conor fan at all, but people bitched about him winning and not defending 2 titles, but when GSP does it, it's special?

Did it occur to you that not everybody thought it was a bad thing when Conor did it?

Winning a third belt would make him a literal once in history fighter at the moment. If you expect GSP to defend belts at this stage of his career you're delusional, but its still fun as fuck to see him fight top ranked people.

Woodley isn't a money fight for GSP... he's at the end of his career. All he wants are money fights... and to be the 1st 3 division champion.

Him going down to LW is no different than Dillashaw wanting to go down to FlyW

GSP is a huge WW who recently won at MW...

Machida, BJ Penn and DC were all undersized in their previous divisions.

Terrible argument.

GSP is a huge ww? Lmao.
Here is a little perspective for you. GSP walked around at 185 to 190 when he was the ww champ. He fought guys like Hendricks(over 200), Alves (200-210) and so on. I am sure there are more examples but what I found really interesting when I was looking, there are reports that Tony Ferguson walks at 195-200 and Khabib is 190. Crazy right? oh wait, Max Holloway was over 181 when he agreed to fight Khabib and Lockhart was freaking out about how to get him down in time. The number 181 is derived from the fact that he said the biggest cut he had done with a fighter to that point was 26 pounds and this would top that so 181 is a modest estimate and we really don't know how much more. Bisping only walks around at 215 or so.

Ya, GSP is a huge ww all right. Oh, btw. GSP struggled to hit 200 before the bisping fight.

I don't hate Georges, I'm just calling him out for picking easy fights that make big money instead of hard fights that don't make as much.

I really, really hate this fraudulent money fight era of picking and choosing fights.

As a fan, I don't give a shit about how much these fighters make. I just want to see the best fighters in the world fight the other best fighters in the world.
Well then get in the cage and put an end too it,

Come back here and let us know when you’ve defended the WW(or whatever weight class you would be in ) belt 12 FUCKING times, and if you’d rather come out of retirement and fight interesting fights that add to a legacy (like a third belt in a new weight class)

Or take the belt, you never lost away from a guy that went to a draw, a split decision and a boring ass staring contest decision against Maia, that two of your buddies, that you helped them prep for ALREADY beat??

GTFO
<IllKillU>

Come back here and let us know when you’ve defended the WW(or whatever weight class you would be in ) belt 12 FUCKING times, and if you’d rather come out of retirement and fight interesting fights that add to a legacy (like a third belt in a new weight class)

Or take the belt, you never lost away from a guy that went to a draw, a split decision and a boring ass staring contest decision against Maia, that two of your buddies, that you helped them prep for ALREADY beat??

GTFO
<IllKillU>

We need a double like button.

Did it occur to you that not everybody thought it was a bad thing when Conor did it?

Winning a third belt would make him a literal once in history fighter at the moment. If you expect GSP to defend belts at this stage of his career you're delusional, but its still fun as fuck to see him fight top ranked people.

Speak for yourself. I think it's embarrassing that he's even thinking about going to 155.

And that history will not mean anything due to the UFC handing out title shots like Halloween candy to certain fighters and blocking attempts for other fighters.

And i'll go on record saying that he'll never make 155.

LOL just because I think Woodley would knock GSP out, I hate GSP?

Get the fuck out of here...

I might hate little bitch fangirls like you, but I sure as hell don't hate GSP.

Uh oh. You sound mad sweetpea. Are you going to be ok? Don't be angry, just stop the lies and bullshit and you won't have to feel bad anymore.

GTFO
<IllKillU>

Who defended the WW title 12 times?

Who cares man?

If he actually comes back and beats Tyron Woodley, then he deserves to just vacate the belt and go on with his life.

He would be solidified as MMA GOAT by most people if he does that.

Then you're also okay with him coming back, beating Khabib or McGregor and then vacating? Okay with him coming back, beating Bisping and vacating?

Dude I don't give a shit about GSP's pockets or the public perception of him, I only give a shit about him fighting the best WW in the world.

Not Conor fucking McGregor who isn't even the best LW in the world.

I don't give a shit about being a promoter, I'm just a fan OF MMA.
So you agree, you would be a shitty promoter...

Who defended the WW title 12 times?
Sorry 12 WW title fight WINS, are you happier now?

Two of the wins are getting the belt and the rest defenses.

13 title fight WINS if you include MW, and will be 14 title fight wins if he grabs the 55 belt

Because GSP won't fight T-Wood. GSP has let me down as a fan big time since he's come back, he only wants easy fights. He's still a great guy though.

GSP is a huge ww? Lmao.
Here is a little perspective for you. GSP walked around at 185 to 190 when he was the ww champ. He fought guys like Hendricks(over 200), Alves (200-210) and so on. I am sure there are more examples but what I found really interesting when I was looking, there are reports that Tony Ferguson walks at 195-200 and Khabib is 190. Crazy right? oh wait, Max Holloway was over 181 when he agreed to fight Khabib and Lockhart was freaking out about how to get him down in time. The number 181 is derived from the fact that he said the biggest cut he had done with a fighter to that point was 26 pounds and this would top that so 181 is a modest estimate and we really don't know how much more. Bisping only walks around at 215 or so.

Ya, GSP is a huge ww all right. Oh, btw. GSP struggled to hit 200 before the bisping fight.
Going off face value you are correct.

Gsp posted on his insta a shot on the scale a few days before the bisping fight @ 198.6.

He has said himself that leading up to the fight he was loosing weight, and pucking up his food and shitting blood.

I think he was ALREADY into his cut in that picture. He sure as fuck looked over 200 before and during the fight, even though he stated he only dehydrated back to high 180’s, basically saying the colitis kept him from getting the weight back on.

But I degress , and that’s not the point I’m about to make.

Was GSP ever over 200 during his WW run? I believe so, and here are some reasons why.

Early in his career, Rogan et al , when announcing fights would always talk about how much of a monster WW he was and walked over 200. The dude absolutely has tree trunks for legs on a man of his size.
Due to this it is entirely believable.

I believe later in his career he started lying about his weight to give his opponents a false sense of confidence coming into the fight, all these newer BIG ww’s Thinking they have a size and strength advantage, training as if they did and when they stepped off in the cage they realized real fucking quick they did not, and their game plan to out muscle and over power him gets thrown out the window and they are in defense mode trying to keep this ape strong monster from throwing them around.

This is common in wrestling, people ALOT will lie about their walk wait for two reasons
A.Underweight, Like San Pierre, give a false sense of confidence leading up to the fight
B. Overweight, to play mind games and put fear into them before the fight. I believe Woodley is in this camp.

I have more to add will return to the topic in a moment.

Edit: ok I got side tracked and couldn’t write everything I wanted to and don’t have time now either.

But basically I believe George had been lying about his size, and was bigger (heavier) than he led on to believe.

Dan hardy said it best in a post fight interview” I get it now, I have to fight THIS monster” is what he said went through his head when they first locked up in the cage.

He was not prepared for a fighter as big and strong as GSP really was and had anticipated the low 180lb fighter he was claiming not the 200+ monster that was really across the cag with him.

Hardy said no fucking way is GSP under 200lbs.

Last edited:
GSP fought Bisping after a 4 year layoff, let me repeat.. 4 year layoff. He was rusty as hell, fought through colitis and still somehow TKO’d Bisping. He fought and beat the best WWs in the world for over a decade, he dominated everyone in his division. He has nothing left to prove, if he wants to cherry pick at this stage of his career so be it, let the man make some money. For all the casuals saying he should fight Woodley, Wonderboy etc. GSP would probably lose but GSP of 10 years ago would not.

Back