• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why are there so many elite 6'4 heavyweights?

codfather

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Going off Sherdog heights:

6'7 - Volkov

6'6 -

6'5 - Aspinall, Gane

6'4 - Jailton, Blaydes, Jones, Ngannou, JDS, Stipe, Overeem, Arlovski, Werdum

6'3 - Pavlovich, Black Beast, Brock

6'2 - Tai, Jairzinho, Bader

6'1 - Cain

6'0 - Nemkov, Fedor

5'11 - DC

i am actually 6'4". i have met many UFC fighters. they have anthony smith at 6'3", i was towering over him looking down speaking to him. i am leary of trusting the height of what the stats say.
i have also met black beast and brock lesnar and they arent as tall as the stats say. maybe i am taller than what my doctor and the military has told me for decades, but i do no think that is the case.

What I don't get is why the UFC buries the HW division as much as possible.

Take tonight for example:

You have Romanov (17-2) vs Jailton (20-3) on the undercard, both ranked HWs with great records. And then you go to the main card and you have Alex Morono (24-9, 2-2 in his last 4 fights and mostly goes to decisions) vs Niko Price (15-7, lost 4 of his last 5 fights, including being finished in 30 seconds by old man Lawler in his last fight). Why on earth is the Price vs Morono fight on the main card? Especially over two ranked HWs with actually good records?

Cause once you go past 6’4 shit gets weird

Everyone above 6'4" should probably need to be heavier for optimal performance. There is no height limit but 265 is the weight limit.

You forgot the man who destroyed the so called UFC heavyweight goat

Struve 7'

wozcmv3f5bnb1.gif

i am actually 6'4". i have met many UFC fighters. they have anthony smith at 6'3", i was towering over him looking down speaking to him. i am leary of trusting the height of what the stats say.
i have also met black beast and brock lesnar and they arent as tall as the stats say. maybe i am taller than what my doctor and the military has told me for decades, but i do no think that is the case.
Why are you so smol? Sherdoggers on average are 7'2.

When you're too tall you join NBA or NFl

They round up. I played junior hockey and i am 6’1 and a half at best but they called me 6’3. I fought a lot of 6’4-6’5 dudes I was taller then. Calling a spade a spade is boring.

I am not even 6’2 but here I meet these 6’4 dudes who I am taller than or about the same as. They need to actually measure, not ask. Lol….

They round up. I played junior hockey and i am 6’1 and a half at best but they called me 6’3. I fought a lot of 6’4-6’5 dudes I was taller then. Calling a spade a spade is boring.

I am not even 6’2 but here I meet these 6’4 dudes who I am taller than or about the same as. They need to actually measure, not ask. Lol….
Nvm they call me 6’2 online. 6 foot, 2 inches. Those are two separate measurements

Attachments

• IMG_3861.jpeg
    IMG_3861.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 2
Tape measure only goes to 6'2, so they guess on everyone taller than that.
Fighters give their own information similar to when you renew or get a license, Ortiz has been listen as 6'1 most of his career, he's not he's closer to 6'3. Same with Anderson he's 6'2 6'3 inbetweener. Jones id like 6'5.

Fighters give their own information similar to when you renew or get a license, Ortiz has been listen as 6'1 most of his career, he's not he's closer to 6'3. Same with Anderson he's 6'2 6'3 inbetweener. Jones id like 6'5.
It was a bad attempt at a joke.

the ufc is about 1.5 to 2 inches off in height almost across the board, most people also think they're an inch or two taller irl, at least in my experience

Back