Why are rasslers so small now?

I love the big guys and miss the days when you had skilled big guys like Taker, Vader, Sid, and Nash.

They always seemed bigger than life.

Before someone replies and says Nash and Sid weren't skilled, it's not all about match quality. Both had a great look and charisma for days. Believable also

Moose Cholak
Gorilla Monsoon
Haystacks Calhoun
Crusher Blackwell
King Kong Bundy
Big John Studd
Sholhi "Giant" Baba
Brusier Brody
Killer Kowalski
Two Ton Harris
The Warlord...........short career
Nord the Barbarian
Curtis Iaukea
Sky Hi Lee

Not to mention Vince was responsible for giant men with shitty wrestling being the norm.
Bruno Sammartino 5’10
Pedro Morales 5’10
Bob Backlund 6’1
Flair 6’1
Dusty Rhodes 6’2
Harley Race 6’1
Verne Gagne 5’11
then Hulkamania 6’5

As for the builds, also look at trends. Before the WWF Hulk era they had more of a power lifter broad shoulders and barrel chest loo. Then Vince made it into a body builder look being the thing. Now it seems like having a six pack and being built like a movie star is the look. I may be off, just seems like what I have seen.

All those guys were at athletic looking and looked like they could kick someone's ass. I don't want body builders, but I would like to see athletes again in professional wrestling.

Moose Cholak
Gorilla Monsoon
Haystacks Calhoun
Crusher Blackwell
King Kong Bundy
Big John Studd
Sholhi "Giant" Baba
Brusier Brody
Killer Kowalski
Two Ton Harris
The Warlord...........short career
Nord the Barbarian
Curtis Iaukea
Sky Hi Lee
I see you are a fan of bearhugs and clubs to the back.

Yeah I'm sorry but a good chuck of these big and muscular guys are garbage in the ring. These smaller indie wrestlers come equip with more than 5 moves and perform much better in the ring.
So true. They can perform almost unlimited choreographed gymnastic routines with their opponents/friends in the ring. I mean who would want to watch a limited dude like almost anyone back then when we can watch ricochet do some twisty flip thing while his "opponent" outside the ring dives to catch him?

So true. They can perform almost unlimited choreographed gymnastic routines with their opponents/friends in the ring. I mean who would want to watch a limited dude like almost anyone back then when we can watch ricochet do some twisty flip thing while his "opponent" outside the ring dives to catch him?
I see you are also a fan of bearhugs and clubs to the back.

Hope you don't like Undertaker.

Undertaker%2B-%2BOver%2BThe%2BTop%2BRope%2BSuicide%2BDive.gif

uIip7ce.gif

the-undertaker-dive-a-train.gif

1tn1G5W.gif

I see you are a fan of bearhugs and clubs to the back.
We need more bearhugs and clubs to the back. Also splashes. Big guy splashes in the corner and big guy waddling belly flops to someone on the ground.

I see you are also a fan of bearhugs and clubs to the back.

Hope you don't like Undertaker.

Undertaker%2B-%2BOver%2BThe%2BTop%2BRope%2BSuicide%2BDive.gif

uIip7ce.gif

the-undertaker-dive-a-train.gif

1tn1G5W.gif
Except Undertaker didn't do that 450 times a match. When he did it, it actually meant something. Same with signature moves. Like with Jake's ddt. you hoped you MIGHT get to see it in a match. No guarantee you would. If he wrestled today, it would only be a question of if he would to need it 5 or 6 times a match. And if he didnt hit it that 6th time, he was likely to lose

Except Undertaker didn't do that 450 times a match. When he did it, it actually meant something. Same with signature moves. Like with Jake's ddt. you hoped you MIGHT get to see it in a match. No guarantee you would. If he wrestled today, it would only be a question of if he would to need it 5 or 6 times a match. And if he didnt hit it that 6th time, he was likely to lose
Yep. I hate that moves lost all of their value and matches are just built around jamming as many fancy moves into a match as possible.

Yep. I hate that moves lost all of their value and matches are just built around jamming as many fancy moves into a match as possible.
The Indy style has taken over. Unless you wanna watch WWE. But then you have to deal with shitty 50/50 booking, angles, cameras, scripts and Saudi fantasy shit.
The talent is there though.

The Indy style has taken over. Unless you wanna watch WWE. But then you have to deal with shitty 50/50 booking, angles, cameras, scripts and Saudi fantasy shit.
The talent is there though.
WWE is closer to being indy style than it isn't because most of their wrestlers come from the same industry where that is the style.

Back