• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why are ps4 controllers such GARBAGE?

As much shit as I’ve given Xbox fans for having to buy a rechargeable battery, after getting one myself, I would appreciate other companies following that model. My charge can last for over a week with heavy use, easily.

I use the standard controllers for watching tv on the ps4. They stay on the whole time you’re watching tv. We have to cycle them out probably about every day for charging. They are both like 5-6 years old though so the batteries aren’t exactly new anymore
You can set them up to go to turn off automatically after 10 mins without use.

the ps4 controllers are actually great. the only drawback is the battery life, which is substantially lesser than the ps3 controllers.

the ps3 controllers were fantastic - aside from a design flaw that would inevitably make them all gigantic pieces of shit. the spacer between the ribbon wasn't big enough/would flatten, resulting in the controllers going haywire. this could be fixed with a piece of tape if you could get the controller open (the threads were often stripped, making this not guaranteed).

i give the ps4 a lot of shit, but the controllers are basically a 9.5/10

I actually saw this at the Wal-Mart of all places a few days ago. Priced at $199:
1600x900_Dallas_Key_4Sony_6-1480x833.jpg

All I could think was, "That's nearly the same cost as the damn console."

The fact this product exists does not make sense to me.

It plays the game for you.

I hate the symmetrical sticks on them. I have a third party one for my PS4 that’s basically an Xbox controller
Why? Aren't your hands symmetrical? Xbox controller never made sense to me for this reason

I had this issue with xbox 360 controllers a bunch. Not playstation yet.
Maybe you push too hard on the sticks? Do you adjust the sensitivity on your controllers at all?

Nah. I've had one controller that lasted me about 5 years one that lasted about 4 and about 4 others that shit the bed ALL via stick drift in less than 2 years.
I also found the issue with mine when I hit L2 my left stick starts moving my character up.
Looked a little deeper into it and apparently it's a known issue with newer ps4 pro controllers and this one is from when I bought my ps4 pro a year and a half ago.

They just seem like such cheap dogshit controllers compared to last gen, my 360/ps3 controllers were bulletproof

I actually saw this at the Wal-Mart of all places a few days ago. Priced at $199:

Pretty much ready to get one of these premium controllers tbh the amount I've gone through controllers for what seems to be a design flaw at this point is insane

Never had any issues with ps4 controller. Not even battery life. They last like 5 or 6 hours

They just seem like such cheap dogshit controllers compared to last gen, my 360/ps3 controllers were bulletproof

...are you serious? every ps3 controller i had/buddies had went haywire due to the aforementioned ribbon issue. i had to fix their controllers so many times...

ie:

i haven't noticed any real issues with the ps4 controllers - although, mine saw much less use than my ps3 ones. but the ps3 controllers were WAY worse than ps4.

...are you serious? every ps3 controller i had/buddies had went haywire due to the aforementioned ribbon issue. i had to fix their controllers so many times...

ie:

i haven't noticed any real issues with the ps4 controllers - although, mine saw much less use than my ps3 ones. but the ps3 controllers were WAY worse than ps4.

Nah funny enough I never had any problems with my ps3 sticks, hell I stepped on one by accident and it has a huge crack in it and works fine.

Type in "PS4 left trigger moves character" into Google, that's the problem I'm having currently

Nah funny enough I never had any problems with my ps3 sticks, hell I stepped on one by accident and it has a huge crack in it and works fine.

Type in "PS4 left trigger moves character" into Google, that's the problem I'm having currently

My cousin had this issue. His ps4 was still under warranty though so he got a new one for free and he’s been good ever since. I’ve never experienced it out of my three controllers.

Have you ever tried to get used to it? It’s a lot better
I havent had an xbox since the original.....

xbox_ctl_duke-718595.jpg

I'm thinking of jumping ship and getting the new one depending on what it offers compared to the ps5.

I havent had an xbox since the original.....

View attachment 777284

I'm thinking of jumping ship and getting the new one depending on what it offers compared to the ps5.
I don't know if you have a gamin PC or not. If you do, I would stick with PS. I have all of them, and since PC is my go to my xbox gets turned on a couple of times a year. I realize thats stupid so I won't buy the next Xbox. The reason is that almost every game on Xbox is also available on PC.

If you don't have a pc then it's a harder question to answer. I will say though, I do love the current xbox controllers. Since the changed the controllers to the Xbox S controllers on the original system Xbox has had the best controllers and theyve gotten better every generation. I grew up on PS Dualshocks too. The current XBone controller is the best standard controller on the market IMO. So much so that I wasted a good chunk of change buying a 3rd party replica of it on PS4 so I could go hunt demons in feudal Japan with it.

To complicate things more, Xbox usually has better hardware. They’re always close to each other but Xbox always has a better feel to it. It’s more smooth. If you don’t have a PC and the console is your main platform, then that may be a factor to consider

Last edited:
Had the same controller since the ps4 came out, no issues.

Seriously every ps4 controller I've ever had has stick drift lol like how did Sony manage such a trash controller this gen?

Both of my ps4 controllers now have stick drift. They're four years old. It's super annoying at times. Hopefully the new controllers will be better. If not I'll opt for a third party one.

Had the same controller for 6 years. Clean it regularly, don' throw it around. No issues except I often play with the USB plugged in because the battery really doesn't last long.

My nephew got a controller for Christmas, it cost about 250! I couldn’t believe it (he’s ten to put it into perspective). Apparently it’s what ‘pro gamers’ use, again he is ten. It’s total Insanity.

Both of my ps4 controllers now have stick drift. They're four years old. It's super annoying at times. Hopefully the new controllers will be better. If not I'll opt for a third party one.
My first controller got it after two years of extremely heavy use. Second one is okay, but haven't played the PS4 much over the past 4-5 years.

have a v1 ds4 with some drift but it's a few years old. have had a faulty unit come with a shitty vibration motor too which i took back and got a scuf at the time

got lucky this time around, got a few month old v2 controller with back button attachment outperforming my scuf now

Back