why A. Silva needs the Ali Act

What in the Holy Hell are you talking about TS. They're putting a former champ in their with a contender. There is nothing unusual about this matchup. What fight would you have them give him?

anderson silva is a 41 year old former champion who has 10's of millions of dollars.

if he loses to hall he should retire.

Ouch! All right so you're talking about your peronal preferences where I'm talking about actual number of "other people" (yes there are otherz than you) who pony up $60 due to their interest. The numberz are the "tell all" of this conversation.

Want to see another Silva/Sonnen I caliber of fight? The numberz gotta pay for it!

Not sure that's valid to knock a "Sherdogger" or in my case a "long term UFC fan" whoz been around for much longer than Sherdog... for sharing valid thoughts based on facts.

letter_s.png

Find it.

Use it.

Last edited:
He got to keep his physical prime going for aonther 5-10 years. If he didn't need to use steroids he wouldn't have. If he was using them just the one time to heal his leg he should have said so, instead of that crazy bs he was trying to sell the commission.

What in the Holy Hell are you talking about TS. They're putting a former champ in their with a contender. There is nothing unusual about this matchup. What fight would you have them give him?

Debuting fighters or fighters where stylistically Silva picks up an easy win and gets to put on a show for the fans.....

or fighters his own age.....

So you want the UFC to keep paying him the same money even he does not bring in the same money anymore, why would any business do that?

The issue with fighter pay is not for high level guys like Anderson, he gets paid fairly in my opinion (from the little info that is available).
The issue is that low level guys don't make a living wage, they should be able to pay all expenses and still have money left to have a middle class sort of lifestyle. So that you can attract more talent to MMA in the first place.
The UFC signed a contract with Silva. They agreed to the pay. Why is it always a huge uproar when a fighter doesnt like a contract they signed, but never a big deal when the ufc sets the stage for themselves to breach their own contract or just randomly decide they wont do what they said anymore.....

Basic stuff but wouldn't really think this is worthwhile to discuss on sher dog - someone will just post a gif abput not reading and get a ton of likes

Basic stuff but wouldn't really think this is worthwhile to discuss on sher dog - someone will just post a gif abput not reading and get a ton of likes

Sometimes its really funny when that happens tho. I keep myself right before the limit where you get that response.....Some people dont understand that there is an unspoken limit on how much you can put in a post as a TS....

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/l...ing-ufc-combat-sports.3207571/#post-114965963

happens in boxing all the fucking time. up and coming fighters beat up on aging fighters to get experience and wins against a name.

Well I mean Silva has millions already he can just retire if he wants to. He's in the same boat a lot of older legends end up in. Wants the big bucks still, so they have to give him contenders or at least top 10 guys. I'm sure if he wanted to fight low level guys they would let him, but they're not going to pay him 7 figures to fight like Kyle Noke or something.

To you, it's lining the pockets of rich guys. To us, it's growth.

Man, yeah, thats the last thing I want for the fight game. Growth. Pop culture tends to turn things into shit.

All the good shit in life is underground. Music (Black Sabbath vs. Miley Cyrus), scientific journals (Nature vs. Scientific American) etc

Ouch! All right so you're talking about your peronal preferences where I'm talking about actual number of "other people" (yes there are otherz than you) who pony up $60 due to their interest. The numberz are the "tell all" of this conversation.

Want to see another Silva/Sonnen I caliber of fight? The numberz gotta pay for it!

Not sure that's valid to knock a "Sherdogger" or in my case a "long term UFC fan" whoz been around for much longer than Sherdog... for sharing valid thoughts based on facts.

People have bad taste. What's your point? You're not a fan of fights, you're a fan of shit talk.

Not my fault people can't tell shit from shinola.

Last edited:
Ya, it is spooky. Has it always been like that around here?

Not like this, no.

Bonnar/Griffin brought big numbers, but the talk was "great fights bring big numbers and new followers". (You could say japanese prowrestlers yada yada yada, but we won't get into that)

When Lesnar came over, the "MMA fans" wanted to see him earn his shot because the belt was seen as legitimate. The counter argument was the numbers. That's where problems started occurring in the UFC as far as I'm concerned.

The signing of CM Punk and McGregor made this forum hit an all time low.

Man, yeah, thats the last thing I want for the fight game. Growth. Pop culture tends to turn things into shit.

All the good shit in life is underground. Music (Black Sabbath vs. Miley Cyrus), scientific journals (Nature vs. Scientific American) etc
Black Sabbath, underground? Oi. Stay away from references. Please.

Anderson silva is no good without steroids. That's the reason he was good.
Just one phony juicer.

The juice doesn't actually help his timing or accuracy. It might've helped his head movement some, I dunno.

You're not a fan of fights, you're a fan of shit talk.
One of us is definitely a fan of sh*t talk. I'm a valid fan of good fights just like you claim to be. that's a fact~ & been one for over 2 decades now.

You're the one who came into my post where I waz explaining valid thingz about the numberz & started making accusationz about Sherdoggers. (ie... talking sh*t)

I read your opinion above about thriving business being bad for the sport. It's your opinion & mine is different. That's all.

My opinion is that bringing in more numberz & casualz is good for the sport because it payz the billz.

A rich & thriving UFC employz more fighterz... & also allowz more fighterz to be full time athletes & reach their full potential which makes for better fights. The numberz pay the billz. I'd rather watch an athlete who trainz full time... than one who works at Walmart full time & sneaks in an hour or 2 of training each night.

7798011252_a917c053ab_o.jpg

Last edited:
No way are the UFC trying to force him out. They treat their legends well as long as they play ball. What this fight is, is matching Anderson up with a flashy striker he can beat at this point.

No way are the UFC trying to force him out. They treat their legends well as long as they play ball. What this fight is, is matching Anderson up with a flashy striker he can beat at this point.
Agreed! & a flashy striker "who movez forward" fits right into Anderson'z counter-striking style.

It's gonna be the Forest Griffin fight all over again if Hall gets too aggressive without proper set ups.

Back