Who's the smallest fighter that could beat Prime Bob Sapp?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bob Sapp is the prototypical huge no skills fighter. His size and athleticism in his prime was enough to beat Ernesto Hoost and almost kill Big Nog. Who's the smallest MMA fighter today that would beat that Bob Sapp?

tyler-freeland.jpg

Bob Sapp is the prototypical huge no skills fighter. His size and athleticism in his prime was enough to beat Ernesto Hoost and almost kill Big Nog. Who's the smallest MMA fighter today that would beat that Bob Sapp?

Clearly would take a sniper striker, because no little guy is gonna outbrawl him or take him down without getting slept. I hate to say it but I'll throw Conor's hat in the ring for his movement and KO strikes.

A guy with crazy power and chin ala Crazy Horse might get it done but I wouldn't bet on anyone under 170 to stand and bang with a prime Sapp.

Last edited:
Clearly would take a sniper striker, because no little guy is gonna outbrawl him or take him down without getting slept. I hate to say it but I'll throw Conor's hat in the ring
Holy retardation

Prime Sapp finished Ernesto Hoost twice in straight kickboxing and almost killed Nog.

He would send Conor's little head into the 4th dimension.

Clearly would take a sniper striker, because no little guy is gonna outbrawl him or take him down without getting slept. I hate to say it but I'll throw Conor's hat in the ring for his movement and KO strikes.

A guy with crazy power and chin ala Crazy Horse might get it done but I wouldn't bet on anyone under 170 to stand and bang with a prime Sapp.
Prime Sapp would get Conor pregnant bro, then KO him.

Holy retardation

Prime Sapp finished Ernesto Hoost twice in straight kickboxing and almost killed Nog.

prime Sapp is a different beast than todays Sapp.

I'd say a elite MW would get it done. No one smaller.

Holy retardation

With Ernesto Hoost you have a point. With Nog you do not. The point is that someone smaller has the potential to be more evasive than Hoost, and we've also seen that modern MMA can easily keep up with "K1 level striking".

Besides, the question was never who "would" beat, it was who "could" beat. I wouldn't bet on Conor winning, but if you don't think he has a chance at all you're kidding yourself

Last edited:
Minowaman - because he did and he's fought as low as 170.

With Ernesto Hoost you have a point. With Nog you do not. The point is that someone smaller has the potential to be more evasive than Hoost, and we've also seen that modern MMA can easily keep up with "K1 level striking"
Sapp wouldn't even feel Conor's punches dude; Hoost was 6'2" 220lbs of muscle yet still got ragdolled and TKO'd.

F3B7C8D2-B9BF-4CA6-B804-CDCD334CDE4F.gif
In all seriousness though, bob sapp was a beast. Dude beat guys based on his size alone. He never really had much technique. I think if he actually trained properly and had a fighters mentality, the dude would have lived up to his nickname.

I'd definitely favor someone like Melvin Manhoef or Igor Vovchanchyn over prime Sapp.

Last edited:
Manhoef.

Edit: Conor is unable to KO a WW. Prime Sapp would molest him at will, break Conor like a 25 dollars guitar and throw him over the fence.

Melvin Manhoef KOd Hunto so he probably could KO prime Sapp too.

Bob Sapp has skills!
He is just losing on purpose over in Japan for easy money

Back