Who's the most marketable and least marketable champion we have right now besides Conor?

Nunes is clearly more marketable than MM.

Because there's stars in her division like Holm, Ronda and Tate. It has nothing to do with herself being marketable. Let her headline a PPV against Pena and see whats up

Bisping obviously the most marketable.

I would have said Nunes as least but she have a dominant performance in the UFC 200 main event.

I'm gonna go with Alvarez as least based on who he beat for the title not being much of a draw.

Most to least:
Conor
(big drop)
Bisping
Stipe
(big drop)
Joanna J
Woodley
Aldo
Cormier
Nunes (not a big draw but UFC could promote her as a face of its tolerance of LGBT)
Alvarez
Johnson
Cruz (he rarely fights)

Most: Bisping, Joanna, DC
Least: Miocic, Nunes, MM

Most:
Bisping,Jędrzejczyk,Cruz

Least:Nunes,Alvarez,Miocic

Alvarez could be real marketable when he is not snuggling.

Nunes and Joanna has a whole country behind them bruh.

It's weird b/c the current champs just don't seem to be massive draws. When Michael Bisping is your #1 draw for champs (outside of Conor I guess) that tells you a bit about the state of UFC champs. Nothing against Michael, he's earned it but to think of him as your biggest draw is just nuts!

They have to stay champion.. To remain marketable.. But... I would say with the champions now.... Their opponents would have to help them get big numbers....Bisping based on his talking... Could be the 2nd big draw.....If we are talking about draws as far as fighting skill goes.... DJ, Cruz....---Calling for a grand prix... Been saying that for a while...For them to sort out rankings and make up for lost time due to injuries...That also finds out who is the best / toughest fighter... Not these lucky punches....That end fights...Then we have to wait for them to do all of this all over again.... And as far as mma being more competitive now.. Than it has ever been... I would say it is more athletic...As far as competitive....Seems to be more random / people just catching people at the right time.

Last edited:
poor demetrious .... its a shame people don't like watching men the size of boys fight ...

bisping is there biggest potential, and sadly, MM has no potential ..

Marketable:

Least - Cormier
Most - Bisping/Alvarez - UK and the East Coast are two markets that could use some targeting. Bisping is a stereotypical blue-collar underdog in life and in MMA. Alvarez could be a huge name internationally (as he's fought in a few differrent promotions) and his style + being from Bernard Hopkins' territory could work out well with a couple well-placed name drops and phone calls.

This is the state of the UFC champions though. You could throw a card with 3/4 of them fighting, and it wouldn't even touch Conor vs Aldo II in buys or gate.

Because there's stars in her division like Holm, Ronda and Tate. It has nothing to do with herself being marketable. Let her headline a PPV against Pena and see whats up

It would do more than 120k that's for sure. Mighty Mouse is ppv poison.

Mighty Mouses's size plays a huge factor too. Sadly.

Ask for a list of the most impressive performances this year and I guarantee everybody leaves MM vs Cejudo off.
Well Miocic is big, and probably takes everyone else on the UFC roster, but he's not very appreciated either. It's the lack of trash talk. Conor's a manlet not much bigger than MM, but that doesn't stop him.

Well Miocic is big, and probably takes everyone else on the UFC roster, but he's not very appreciated either. It's the lack of trash talk. Conor's a manlet not much bigger than MM, but that doesn't stop him.

Miocic's marketability is based on the fact that any fight he is in can be labeled a UFC Heavyweight Championship regardless of his name.

Most to least:
Conor
(big drop)
Bisping
Stipe
(big drop)
Joanna J
Woodley
Aldo
Cormier
Nunes (not a big draw but UFC could promote her as a face of its tolerance of LGBT)
Alvarez
Johnson
Cruz (he rarely fights)
This is how I see it too. Conor and Bisping are the only real talkers on the list.
Stipe is a HW, and a fireman...has the Americana thing going for him.
JJ is cute and exciting.
Woodley can talk articulately and can be exciting.
DC is cool...but he just doesn't have a look or marketable personality. He looks like an assistant manager at Walmart.
Alvarez and Cruz have kind of standoffish personalities. They're great fighters, but it's hard to get excited about them.
DJ is great..but just too small and in a lackluster division. ..but he does fight often.
Nunes has the gay/SJW crowd that she could tap into if promoted right.

The only think holding up "champ" Conor is the ufc marketing dept

Back