Who's next for Kimbo?

Jermei

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Guy is on a tear with a 2 fight TKO win streak. Who they gonna feed him to next?

To be frankly honest, Retire from MMA so long as nobody offers you another payday like tonight. He is 42 about to turn 43, knees are shot, clearly showing his age in there, his "serious" MMA career, if you really want to call it that, is over. I see some promotions that would want his name recognition certainly signing him up to fight though. End of the day, he should do right by his family and make whatever money might be left in the cage for him then fully retire. That and he has appeared in Movies playing the scary black guy a few times now, that might also be a solid gig for him over the next few years to make money. Other than that he has done very well for himself, he has moved out of the hood, he has saved his money, his kids are being taken care of, so overall he might be in a spot right now with this payday to just hang em up while he is healthy...

All of it in perspective, Kimbo has done a lot more than I ever thought he would. He went from beating up thugs in backyards and boat docks for a couple hundred dollars, to fighting in the main event on network TV, fighting in the UFC/EXC/Strikeforce/Bellator, appearing in Movies, doing appearances all over the world....Id say Kevin has done well for himself, if this is it, let me just say that I wish him well.

Bring on Fedor!

No seriously... if they play up the Russian thing, he could be the guy who knocked out Kimbo to all of the super casuals. And the Russian connection pulls the Rocky heart strings.

Otherwise... Brett Rogers, Sean Gannon (as mentioned already), an elliptical machine (easy on the knees), or a retirement and possibly a real job to follow.

I think he said he wants to fight in July. If Scott is smart, he'll keep Kimbo away from co-main or main events. He can still use Kimbo's name to promoter I guess but it's a bit too risky to have in on top of the venue.

I dont understand how bad he looked out there. At least in his street fights he could throw down pretty good but tonight he didnt even throw any really good punches, they were more like arm punches until he gassed after 1 rounds. He fights like a 50 year old.

I don't know how his cardio has gotten so bad, even when he was juiced 250lb in his bare knuckle days he had better cardio. Now he is 230-235 and has some of the worst cardio I've ever seen.

I don't know how his cardio has gotten so bad, even when he was juiced 250lb in his bare knuckle days he had better cardio. Now he is 230-235 and has some of the worst cardio I've ever seen.

His cardio has always been bad. You've never seen the James Thompson fight? Kimbo even looked labored in interviews.

If they're actually going through with another fight, which would be pretty ridiculous, either Sean McCorkle or Pudz would actually be good options. Both guys somewhat dangerous but with equally horrendous cardio with the possibility of recreating the magic we saw tonight

Herschel would kill Kimbo.

I don't know... herschel looks like he has a terrible chin. Kimbo has power. herschel does have a good shot though because of his cardio and the fact Kimbo hasn't come out aggressive in over 7 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back