• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who's More Of A Genetic Freak: Ngannou, Gane or Lesnar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brock.
AdvancedSneakyChafer-max-1mb.gif

His Combine stats were really impressive. Especially for his age.
Ended up botching the one on Kurt Angle leading to a massive concussion

Look at Brock’s accomplishments compared to the others ? There’s no debate.

The issue with Lesnar for me though is that as big and quick as he is he's always looked a bit clumsy to me, you never really got the sense he could have turned into a decent striker no matter how much he trained or indeed a technical grappler.

You ascertained that from him starting MMA at the age he did? Come on, man. What a bad take.

Lesnar is out.

He's never passed USADA testing.

Gane and Ngannou have consistently and fought better while doing so.

Speically for MMA I think the most naturraly gifted guy ever was Aleks personally, for a man that size to have that kind of fluid hand/foot speed.

Brock's history with gear doesn't eliminate genetic freakishness... tons of guys on gear don't turn into Brock or anything near him.

How your body reacts to gear is genetic. 95% of guys could run exact same cycles or more and not even come close to his size (assume comparable height) strength and certainly not his ability

Brock. His size, functional ability and cardio trumps both Gane and Francis

Is there any evidence to suggest that Lesnar has especially good cardio? Gane certainly has exceptional cardio for his size.

Lesnar is highly gifted athletically beyond any doubt but it is also probably true that he has been juiced throughout his career in the ufc and wwe. So it is difficult to assess him on a level playing field because because genetically gifted to be able to respond better to steroids is not the same as being genetically gifted at athleticism.

Being genetically gifted is not just in terms of strength and power but also mental gifts.

I would say that lesnar is gifted beyond the other two in order to be a wrestler and probably a strongman had he wanted to pursue that vocation. Ngannou is gifted beyond beyond the other two to be a heavy striker (whereby the gits are not just explosiveness but also superb hand to eye coordination and timing). Gane is gifted beyond the other two in his speed, endurance, overall body coordination and ability and especially the adaptability and creativity of his central nervous system to elevate the potential that he can train his fight iq and instincts.

Brock. There's a story about someone asking him how much he could lift and he replied "Whatever I want." I'm pretty sure he was still in high school.

While it is a nice one liner, it is obviously false. He cannot lift 1000000kg. Hence, it does not prove anything. He spent his entire life doing wrestling to become champion in the UFC. Gane trained for 3-4 years.

So far lets go with the all natty (until proven different) Ngannou.
Yeah, uh, no. Brock wasn't busted except for his return fight vs. Hunt. He was probably roiding at the time in wrasslin' and not being careful. He didn't look juiced at all compared to Overroid when they fought--just a big dude that lifted and had a massive frame. And PEDs don't give you all the things mentioned in this post. Josh Barnett, Tim Sylvia, Ben Rothwell and Royce Gracie have been busted. Do they have freakish athletic abilities?

Brock is a difficult puzzle to address, how much of it was actually natural?
Again. you can't juice your entire life and not have the combination of speed, power and explosiveness he had as a 265 pounder. Go ask some 33-year old juiceheads in your gym to do the NFL combines. I guarantee it woud look like a comedy.

I think it goes to Lesnar. The motherfucker was 16yo and he looked like a 30yo who had trained for the last 15 years

I'm really assuming here that Frank hasn't used anything, so he's numero uno.

Brawhx in 2nd place. You can say he got caught and all that shit, but pre USADA - it was the wild west. And yet he was the only one who was like him. Even in pro wrestling - few guys his size could match his athleticism.

Gane is, obviously, pro athlete level guy and exceptionally athletic for UFC HW standards, but he's still kinda basic within that context. JDS, Overeem, Cane might all be more impressive or at least equal to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back