Who's Jacare fighting next?

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I heard it was he's asking for a title shot or Vitor but what happened to him? Did he get injured in his last fight? He was fighting consistently then disappeared and if he's waiting for Vitor that might be a longggg wait.

Mousasi/Munoz winner? Vitor? Rockhold? Any of those would be fine with me.

I think the rockhold fight makes sense here...both guys are in a similar position.

He's sort of in limbo. Pretty much at a point where UFC can't afford him to lose a fight and can't let him win seeing as the only opponents he's likely to face have a high name value and losing would hurt said opponents stock lowering the middleweight divisions value in general.

That said, give him Belfort/Rockhold

Hopefully Romero

Id love to see it but I think he deserves a bigger name, fighting romero might be high risk/low reward. Rockhold rematch makes sense, close fight and are both around the samebplace ranking wise

Rematch with Rockhold makes the most sense, but he called out Vitor or wants to wait for a title shot.

I don't know, but I've got him beating anyone except Machida and Vitor quite easily.

Jacare crushes Weidman, IMO, as does Machida or Vitor. I think Jacare's speed, along with his world-class grappling gives anyone at 185 fits.

Don't know who he's fighting next, but I'm looking forward to seeing what he brings to the table next. He's improved tremendously.

I don't know, but I've got him beating anyone except Machida and Vitor quite easily.

Jacare crushes Weidman, IMO, as does Machida or Vitor. I think Jacare's speed, along with his world-class grappling gives anyone at 185 fits.

how does he crush weidman. weidmans td or tdd> jacares td. jacare is the better grappler but he has to get weidman on his back to be at his advantage on the ground. and standing weidman is the better boxer and sets up his power shots. jacare just throws with power. jacare transitions well to his grappling and so does weidman. people say this is a bad matchup for weidman but i think its a perfect matchup for him. i like lyotos and vitors chances against weidman much better than jacares

LOL @ people saying he even has a good chance vs Weidman, let alone that he'd rape him. He's not even a better MMA grappler in the sense that with the ability to mix submissions and ground-n-pound, Weidman is more dangerous even in the this department. MUUUUCH better wrestler, much more dangerous striker, I'd favor Weidman big time.

I think a Rockhold rematch for a title shot would be great.

how does he crush weidman. weidmans td or tdd> jacares td. jacare is the better grappler but he has to get weidman on his back to be at his advantage on the ground. and standing weidman is the better boxer and sets up his power shots. jacare just throws with power. jacare transitions well to his grappling and so does weidman. people say this is a bad matchup for weidman but i think its a perfect matchup for him. i like lyotos and vitors chances against weidman much better than jacares

Jacare is much, MUCH faster than Weidman. It's not even close. Faster striking, faster lateral movement, faster in every department. Jacare has the power to KO Weidman, and most certainly wins the grappling match.

Sorry, but like about half of Sherdog, you are giving Weidman WAYYYYYY too much credit and props relative to his 11 pro fights. Yes, I'm fully aware that he beat the MW GOAT 2x; I won't even start up with how unconvincing those victories were, I'll just say those two wins certainly don't entitle Weidman to the amount of blatant ballhugging that goes on in these forums.

i dont think rockhold would be an easy fight for jacare seeing how you know hes already 0-1 against him

Back