Who's happy to see Pettis fight again so soon?

4 month turn around is a pretty standard turnaround for a fighter...

Unless you hold a UFC title

It's 3 months and a week. And yes, he does hold a title. So his turnaround is far from standard.

This is what he likes to do, and would have done as champ before the last major injury. That's what ignorant, biased, or short-sighted fans didn't seem to get. He turned a moderate injury of a sprained pcl into a major one of a torn pcl because he tried to have too quick of a turnaround after he initially won the title. And prior to that injury he hadn't bowed out of a fight nor was in a position to miss any real time since his WEC debut. He got forced out of the Aldo fight by UFC because he was challenger instead of champ, then fought a whole 4 weeks later when they needed him. As for the shoulder surgery he got, it was elective, and he said that wouldn't have happened if the UFC gave him the title shot they initially promised. They promised a few shots and then reneged. That had more to do with his relative inactivity in the UFC than injuries.

Yet we heard all these b.s. claims in his absence like he didn't like to fight, he'll probably cancel any fight he's in, and it would be better off to not have him as champ because he's unreliable. Unfortunately there is still some of this sentiment. Idiocy and douchiness doesn't change easily I guess.

I'm also happy that his opponent has a style that is super beatable for Pettis. I don't expect another wall and stall attempt like Bendo and Gil. I think RDA believes in his striking these days. He's going to believe them all the way until Pettis makes a highlight reel of him.

Back