Who's had shoulder labral surgery, then tore it again grappling?

sakfjgadsyukgf

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I have a mild SLAP tear on my non-dominant arm, that weirdly bothers me after grappling but I hardly notice otherwise (I still lift, bench, etc. with no problems). Seems like the SLAP tear is the mildest of the shoulder labral tears. I have surgery scheduled & coming up pretty quickly here.

Who here had the surgery, went through rehab & the whole nine yards, but then tore it again anyways grappling? That's my big concern. By the time I'd get back from recovery I'd be almost 40, so obviously elevated injury risk. Was hoping to spend my 40s still rolling and being active and stuff. Worth noting that I like to wrestle, start rolls on the feet and shoot for takedowns, was experimenting with judo a bit, etc. Not interested in just laying on my back and being a guard player. Alternative is I simply quit grappling for life I guess.

If any of you guys have a magical, non-surgical repair solution, now's the time to tell me lol

Or I guess if you're just rolling with a torn labrum anyways and just don't give a fuck, give me your experiences too lol. I know two different people doing that. I don't really see how, my shoulder aches like crazy post-rolling

I tore my labrum years ago. Said fuck surgery. Did all my own rehab off internet stuff. Id say its 95% healthy. It aches like fuck in the cold and its easier to reinjure but i walk on my hands, do dips, wrestle, do jiu jitsu. It gets sore and requires constant work but ill be dead in 50 years anyways.

Back