Who's competing on March 4 in Ohio?

C

chokingvictim

Any Sherdoggers competing in the Arnold competition in Columbus OH in early March? If so, gi or no-gi? Belt rank/weight etc??

I will be there.

White belt Gi, medium heavy...

Hey Senterian! We may face each other!

Wolverine
///

can't wait to compete in the nationwide arena this year instead of the convention center. it should make everything better on the spectators and hopefully better on the competitors. i wonder if the incredibly high ceiling in that place will disorient anybody when they take guard.

Wolverine said:
I will be there.

White belt Gi, medium heavy...

Hey Senterian! We may face each other!

Wolverine
///

sure could... i spent the majority of '05 banged up... rib cartiledge issues, had a motorcycle wreck that f'ed my shoulder then i had gall bladder problems... then more shoulder problems... FINALLY GOT healthy right before Thanksgiving...

doing a little warmup tourney the weekend of feb 11... doing the 210 pound class there... i say medium heavy now but i might show up in the 187 pound class at Arnolds... just depends on how much weight i drop before then...

There should be a few guys from Vaghi's goin....I won't make it, since I haven't been able to train nearly as often as I'd like due to work.

ill be 4th row watching :D im planning on taking up BJJ right after the event. im pretty much doing a road trip out there with a buddy to see guys like you fight and inspire me to get into the sport so I'm hopin you guys all have good matches and ill be cheering for any and all Sherdoggers out there. Good luck guys.

only been training about two months as of now, so whatever the beginner division is. whatever weight 140-145lbs is. still thinking about it but im pretty sure ill compete. nothing to lose i guess.

I'm newer to Sherdog, but thought I'd drop in my name as well. I'll be in the super-super heavy as a white belt. Can't tell if they're using age or not for this one (they did for the pro-am), but I'd be in the master's age group.

I'm also considering tacking on the absolute gi competition, just depends on how I'm feeling when I register. :)

any of you guys heard about another tournamet at the battle of columbus on the 25th of march? i can find stuff on the BOC but not the jiu jitsu tournament specifically

I know Phil Cardella will be fighting for Team Gracie in the Gracie Reality fights on the 4th.

I was on the fence. On the one hand, I know lots of people competing. I generally like tournaments, and I learned a lot from them.

OTOH, I am tired of going to tournaments. When starting grappling, I competed in four tournaments in eight months. I still feel a exausted from competition especially from the last one. That was a stressful experience, and I even considered dropping grappling once. I need to catch my breath!

Right now it looks like I won't be going. I also have little time to prepare, and this article critical of the March 4th tournament concerns me. Has anyone read that and had simular circumstances? I know my experience at NAGA wasn't as bad as some horror stories I read; although, I can see where they were comming from.

Frodo said:
I was on the fence. On the one hand, I know lots of people competing. I generally like tournaments, and I learned a lot from them.

OTOH, I am tired of going to tournaments. When starting grappling, I competed in four tournaments in eight months. I still feel a exausted from competition especially from the last one. That was a stressful experience, and I even considered dropping grappling once. I need to catch my breath!

Right now it looks like I won't be going. I also have little time to prepare, and this article critical of the March 4th tournament concerns me. Has anyone read that and had simular circumstances? I know my experience at NAGA wasn't as bad as some horror stories I read; although, I can see where they were comming from.

the tournament is pretty worthless if you're a white belt....you won't compete until way late in the evening and by that point the officials are even more spent than the guys that just won their blue belt divisions. if you're blue or higher, it's a great tournament, as long as you expect to run late. refs are 50/50. some rule, some are extremely shady so you may get lucky and you may get hosed. i've really only seen a few hosings in the last 3 years. as far as no gi goes, i've never stayed, so i don't know

Back