• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who would you favor over a prime Tyson?

Muhammed Ali if he survives the early rounds, he'd have to hit and move and make it awkward for Tyson for 5 rounds before turning the pressure.

George Foreman - Again, needs to make things awkward, tie up Tyson, lean on him then tee off in the 4th onward's when Tyson begins to slow, George may actually be able to go blow for blow from round one but Tyson is most dangerous when he's fresh enough to slip your punches, Foreman managed to out brawl Fraizer though from Rd 1.

Lennox Lewis def has a chance.

Other than that its a struggle, and no fighter is better than Tyson in rounds 1-3, only Foreman could poss go toe to toe from the first bell.

Vitali maybe. He easily gets in and puts Wlad down within two rounds.

Hed treat Foreman like a punching bag also. There isnt a worse matchup for George and I say that as a homer of his.

Disgaree.

Foreman is 6'3 and used to have those Mummy style hands out front which can keep smaller fighters at bay.

Look how he dismantled Joe Fraizer, fresh in Rd 1

If Foreman lands on Tyson, Mike is in big trouble.

Its a toss up that in rd 1, would Tyson's speed overcome Foreman's reach and posting hand style.

Watch the Frazier fight, Foreman just went off on him, if he can do that to Tyson its game over.

well that's just nonsense. Floyd could have retired after beating JLC and would have been a HOFer.

True, however his legacy could have been so much better had he fought and beaten Pacquiao in 2011. As it stands it does seem that the one thing his record is missing is a win over another prime ATG.

True, however his legacy could have been so much better had he fought and beaten Pacquiao in 2011. As it stands it does seem that the one thing his record is missing is a win over another prime ATG.
that's fair, but very few guys have wins over truly prime ATGs. You could also maybe argue Marquez as prime or near it (granted with a weight deficit).

LOL U FUCKING SRS? LOOK AT EVERY SLICK BOXER HE FOUGHT AND KO'D IN HIS FUCKING PRIME!!! Im talking.. PRIME!! Look how he beat tall lankey fighters similar to Deontay who were even better than Wilder.. He destroyed Bruno twice who is similar to Joshua... Dude who WRECK everyone in this era idgaf

Disgaree.

Foreman is 6'3 and used to have those Mummy style hands out front which can keep smaller fighters at bay.

Look how he dismantled Joe Fraizer, fresh in Rd 1

If Foreman lands on Tyson, Mike is in big trouble.

Its a toss up that in rd 1, would Tyson's speed overcome Foreman's reach and posting hand style.

Watch the Frazier fight, Foreman just went off on him, if he can do that to Tyson its game over.
No one moves like Tyson. No one.

Foreman would need to land repeatedly. Hes not stopping Tyson in a round. Thats completely underselling Tysons chin.

And one more thing... People saying Tyson Beat no names in his prime... Look at who Wilder and Joshua made their record out of... They fought NOBODIES.. But KO'd them way later in the rounds.. When tyson fought Nobodies he Ko'd them in Round 1..... Easily.. And he was smaller... So put that in ur crackpipe n smoke it

No one moves like Tyson. No one.

Foreman would need to land repeatedly. Hes not stopping Tyson in a round. Thats completely underselling Tysons chin.

George Foreman could blast out anyone in a round if he lands flush.

The issue Tyson would have is Foreman used to put his hands on you same way Sandy Saddler and Jack Johnson used to, its called the Saddler style or Mummy style, when the guy has a longer reach than you it makes it very hard for you to land when they do this.

Look at the way he does it to Frazier.

George Foreman could blast out anyone in a round if he lands flush.

The issue Tyson would have is Foreman used to put his hands on you same way Sandy Saddler and Jack Johnson used to, its called the Saddler style or Mummy style, when the guy has a longer reach than you it makes it very hard for you to land when they do this.

Look at the way he does it to Frazier.

Anyone could blast out anyone if they land flush. Doesnt mean its likely to happen though.

Once again no one moves like Tyson. Putting your hands on him is a problem all in itself. Then you have the issue of putting your hands on him means they arent blocking your face from him smashing yours. Foreman would struggle mightily to land.

Anyone could blast out anyone if they land flush. Doesnt mean its likely to happen though.

Once again no one moves like Tyson. Putting your hands on him is a problem all in itself. Then you have the issue of putting your hands on him means they arent blocking your face from him smashing yours. Foreman would struggle mightily to land.
There was a discussion around here in the past about Foreman being a bad match-up against Prime Tyson. Funny how the pendulum swings. In a nutshell, no version of Foreman (prime or comeback) beats Mike. George never got hit the way Mike would've hit him. Foreman never had stellar defense and he wasn't very fast at anything.
He was very crafty but wouldn't have endured the onslaught of a prime Mike Tyson.

There was a discussion around here in the past about Foreman being a bad match-up against Prime Tyson. Funny how the pendulum swings. In a nutshell, no version of Foreman (prime or comeback) beats Mike. George never got hit the way Mike would've hit him. Foreman never had stellar defense and he wasn't very fast at anything.
He was very crafty but wouldn't have endured the onslaught of a prime Mike Tyson.
I know Ive discussed it before on here and Im pretty sure I said ref or corner stoppage. I dont believe Foreman can land consistently enough on Tyson and he doesnt have the movement or defense to slow him down.

I mean its disrespectful to even think of counting Foreman out, but I really believe that is an awful matchup for him.

I know Ive discussed it before on here and Im pretty sure I said ref or corner stoppage. I dont believe Foreman can land consistently enough on Tyson and he doesnt have the movement or defense to slow him down.

I mean its disrespectful to even think of counting Foreman out, but I really believe that is an awful matchup for him.
The beating would be pretty damn ugly. I agree stoppage by ref or corner. there'd be too many shots received by Foreman and no way to catch Mike, but he'd be too proud to go down. that video of Forman KO'ing Frazier illustrates it all. Wide hooks, sloppy technique....Mike would slip inside the box on that shit and double uppercut George to the moon.

Its an un-conventional way of fighting but when you have the height and longer reach you can get away with it.
Foreman has done it lots of times and Saddler made a career out of it.

In that video especially the early exchange you see Foreman putting his hands out and pushing Frazier's shoulders.
Try throwing a hook at someone a good bit taller with a longer reach doing that to you and you'll see the problem.
They have longer arms and when they put their hands on your shoulders even if your swinging at them you can't get any forward motion meaning your punch falls short of the target.

Its a rare way of boxing, also called dirty boxing but Foreman uses it and it could be an issue for the shorter Tyson to land.
Head movement doesn't matter in this instance.

Its an un-conventional way of fighting but when you have the height and longer reach you can get away with it.
Foreman has done it lots of times and Saddler made a career out of it.

In that video especially the early exchange you see Foreman putting his hands out and pushing Frazier's shoulders.
Try throwing a hook at someone a good bit taller with a longer reach doing that to you and you'll see the problem.
They have longer arms and when they put their hands on your shoulders even if your swinging at them you can't get any forward motion meaning your punch falls short of the target.

Its a rare way of boxing, also called dirty boxing but Foreman uses it and it could be an issue for the shorter Tyson to land.
Head movement doesn't matter in this instance.
Tysons peek a boo wasnt just head movement though. He flew in and out with absurd speed at awkward angles. Tysons punches are coming a hell of a lot faster than Foremans pushing.

I see Vitali, Wladimir, Foreman, Lennox and Holyfield having no problem with a prime Tyson.

Ehm, no Vitali was Koed in amateur Kickboxing. He had an average boxers chin.
Vitaly took everything Lewis threw at him and it took his face falling apart for the fight to be stopped. I think post Byrd he found the "death before dishonor" mentality we expect from a champ.

Even Wladimir who had more a history of hitting the mat would be a tough fight for Tyson.

I think a big key if Foreman could have beaten Tyson would be if the ref would allow George to use his two handed shoving technique to get Tyson off of him and in range for a George bomb. Foreman did this shoving to Frazier over and over in their fights. I think if a ref had allowed George to get away with this, it also would have affected Tyson's mindset.

He wasn't nowhere near prime against Holyfield. If Cus was alive it would have been a different story. Tyson changed after the death of him.

Plus that leech Don King got to him as well.
He changed after signing with King and dropping his trainers. Cus and Jacobs died leaving room for King to angle his way in.

Vitali maybe. He easily gets in and puts Wlad down within two rounds.

Hed treat Foreman like a punching bag also. There isnt a worse matchup for George and I say that as a homer of his.
Hard to say with George as his physical prime was surely behind him once he made his comeback as a much smarter tactician. Younger George's uppercut or older George's jab would have been tough on Tyson.

Back