Who would you favor in a rematch? (Barao vs Dillashaw)

I don't know.

TJ, but barely. Don't have much confidence that either guy would DEFINITELY win a 2nd fight.

Barao looked so outclassed he would have to go back to square one. I would favor TJ.

Even if Barao lost the rematch?

Yeap.

I am riding this horse till it dies.
And there is plenty of life left in it.

Start to finish I didn't see the Barao I have come to expect, hands out of place, very few leg kicks. I was very nervous even before the knockdown in the first, he just didn't look right. Also he is usually very coachable, his coach asks for X, We see X, they ask for Y we see Y, he did follow advice in the 2nd rd but otherwise not

In terms of dominant performances TJs was up there, but Barao will be back wearing a belt soon I have no doubt.

If it's immediate rematch I'd favor TJ by annilation. It has been shown that back to back fights never goes well for the losing party, Silva-Weidman, Rizzo-Couture, Penn-Edgar etc.

Yeap.

I am riding this horse till it dies.
And there is plenty of life left in it.

Start to finish I didn't see the Barao I have come to expect, hands out of place, very few leg kicks. I was very nervous even before the knockdown in the first, he just didn't look right. Also he is usually very coachable, his coach asks for X, We see X, they ask for Y we see Y, he did follow advice in the 2nd rd but otherwise not

In terms of dominant performances TJs was up there, but Barao will be back wearing a belt soon I have no doubt.

To be frank, I think that's just silly. Some guys just match up well with other guys.
If TJ won a rematch in similar fashion it would be pretty dumb to think of Barao as the favorite in a third fight. He's a great fighter and I was actually rooting for him but TJ won so convincingly I just don't see Barao beating him in the near future. He certainly has as good a chance as any given how vicious he is but TJ showed that he beats Barao most of the time. At least for now.

To be frank, I think that's just silly. Some guys just match up well with other guys.
If TJ won a rematch in similar fashion it would be pretty dumb to think of Barao as the favorite in a third fight. He's a great fighter and I was actually rooting for him but TJ won so convincingly I just don't see Barao beating him in the near future. He certainly has as good a chance as any given how vicious he is but TJ showed that he beats Barao most of the time. At least for now.

Maybe I am wrong, but I will be betting on the Baron.

Maybe I am wrong, but I will be betting on the Baron.

Given enough time, the right improvements, and a good game plan I would not be shocked to see Barao beat TJ in a rematch down the line and even now he is still a scary finisher who could pull something out of his ass in a pinch but to me, at least in a head to head match up, TJ>Barao.

If it's immediate rematch I'd favor TJ by annilation. It has been shown that back to back fights never goes well for the losing party, Silva-Weidman, Rizzo-Couture, Penn-Edgar etc.

Agreed. I think the winner of the first fight just has more confidence going into the second since the champion aura is gone.

Barao is a true champ and I think he could beat TJ in a rematch for sure. As far as odds go, I think these guys are close to even, so it's more just a matter of choosing who you like better.

Barao. I think he will come prepared for TJ next time. They just didn't know what they were heading into. Now they know. And Barao looked very unlike himself from the very first second. I think Barao will take care of him next time.

Seeing as how dillashaw utterly dominated him everywhere and then finished him, I would probably go with TJ.

TJ again. Silva and Penn both lost badly trying to get their belts back. With the way Dillashaw dominated Barao I don't see it going much different.

TJ is the new GOAT because he won a fight.

Dillashaw, as long as he fights like he did last night.

This.

If Barao can't figure out a way to combat TJ's speed then it's gonna be incredibly difficult to for him to win.

You gotta go with TJ

Every time one of these upsets take place - Frankie v BJ, Bendo v Frankie, Weidman v. Silva, etc. - bet on the new champion keeping his belt in the rematch.

The only exception was Serra v GSP and that was just a crazy upset.

Don't know who to favor,,, but I still think the Barao who fought McDonald and Faber is a notch above Saturday's TJ... that Barao was very, very fast. And Even McDonald and Faber were fast as well,,, seems to me like they were all faster than Saturday's TJ. That's how I see it, but my perception could be wrong *shrugs*.

barao. i think he'd go with a better gameplan and improve further. heck that loss could be good for barao

TJ - Worse beating than the first time. Barao wasn't winning and then "got caught." He was getting beat up, and then got caught.

:D

Back