Who would win in a Superfight? GSP or Anderson

Takamine86

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Simply post the name of who you think would be the victor.

I'll go first.

Anderson.

Why did this fight get a capitalized S for superfight?

Bias much? TS can't be taken seriously.

GSP would smother him for five rounds, Anderson is way passed his prime now.

Georges easily takes him down and GnPs him at this stage.

Anderoider is way past his best, juiced up days.

For one thing, it wouldn't be a superfight. Anderson Silva has one win in 5 years and has been caught doping twice. If GSP vs Anderson is a superfight, then so is GSP vs Rich Franklin or GSP vs Rashad Evans. In their primes a roided up Anderson probably would have beat GSP. Then again they weren't even in the same weight class, so its a moot point. In 2018 Anderson Silva could fight ANYONE and it wouldn't be considered a superfight.

GSP beats him at this point. When Anderson was in his prime and doping. I'd give the edge to Anderson.

For one thing, it wouldn't be a superfight. Anderson Silva has one win in 5 years and has been caught doping twice. If GSP vs Anderson is a superfight, then so is GSP vs Rich Franklin or GSP vs Rashad Evans. In their primes a roided up Anderson probably would have beat GSP. Then again they weren't even in the same weight class, so its a moot point. In 2018 Anderson Silva could fight ANYONE and it wouldn't be considered a superfight.

GSP beats him at this point. When Anderson was in his prime and doping. I'd give the edge to Anderson.

I respectfully disagree. Its a superfight, MW GOAT VS WW GOAT. This is MMA's Mayweather VS Pacquiao, the most debated fight in the sport that has yet to happen.

silva's tdd looked great against brunson, and he did not fail a drug test for that fight. even if gsp got a takedown i cant see him keeping silva down. silva is still a bad matchup for gsp. there is a reason this fight never happened. i think silva wins a close fight at this point of their careers.

fair enough. I think its a superfight from a storyline and historical perspective. But from the perspective of a number 1 ranked fighter fighting a number 1 ranked fighter, Anderson hasn't been that in a long, long time. Anderson isn't even a Top 15 MW.

It would be like Fedor fighting Anderson. Great storyline arc. But both get starched by top contenders.

My money was on GSP (post Serra - which was when the hype occurred).

It's hardly a superfight now. Still could call it a "dream fight" as it's guys who really wouldn't naturally cross paths.

GSP unfortunately
Unfortunately?

tenor.gif

Anderson, hence we are not going to see that fight. GSP is too busy cherrypicking his next disabled opponent.

Back