Who would have been WW champ from 2006-2013 if GSP never was?

Jon Stark

King in the North
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking a mix of champions including Koscheck, Fitch, Alves and Condit over the 7 year period. I don't think Serra would got lucky against any of the above mentioned fighters.

Who would have had the gold strap if GSP never was?

Jon Fitch was the perennial number two guy in the division for a long time.

I could see it rotating like light heavyweight before Jones and after Chuck.

Would have been passed around

matt_serra_ufc_belt-27060.jpg

Fitch would have been champ for a while. Not as long but for couple years for sure. Would have been brutal and the UFC knows it and fears it ever happens.

2006-2012 would have likely been some combination of of Hughes, Koscheck and Fitch.

2012 would have probably been Condit.

Hendricks would have taken over shortly there after.

My thoughts.

Fitch would have beat everyone apart from Shields and then after Shields it'd probably be Hendricks

Hughes would've kept if for awhile more until Koscheck began his rise up the ranks. Fitch wouldn't have beaten Koscheck IMO but Alves can beat Koscheck as we all have seen and we all know Fitch beats Alves.

From 2006-2010 I think that it would've been a weird cycling between Fitch, Koscheck and Alves. After 2010 though, those 3 would start to plummet due to the rise of guys like Condit, Shields, Kampmann, Hendricks, Rory and Story

Easily Kos or Fitch

Diego Sanchez would of got a title shot shortly after winning tuf against Hughes.

Hughes would've held it until Alves, then he and Fitch would pass it back and forth until Condit or Shields came around. I think both Condit and Shields would've made it to the UFC a few years earlier without Georges being there.

Hughes would have held on to it for a bit longer for sure

Back