Who Wins: Kamaru Usman vs Tyron Woodley?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This fight is very mediocre and would probably be boring imo.

I would take Tyron by an early knockout, or an uneventful dull UD.

I think Usman would try to wrestle Tyron and ultimately lose that battle (as he would with Covington, because he has fought guys that can't wrestle well imo).

Usman's only shot would be to land a big punch, which is certainly possible. but Woodley seems to be a little smarter than Usman. Both would probably gas though.

Thoughts?

Woodley. Usman's striking isn't there yet and he's not outwrestling Woodley.

Usman uses his soccer base to keep Tyron at bay with leg kicks then finishes him with the penalty shot in injury time

Woodley bounces his head off the canvas

Woodley easily. He is the much better striker and his wrestling would neutralize Usman's.

Woodley beats everyone in the division. /thread.
Sherdog may laugh, but I give Covington a legit chance of beating Woodley. IF he doesn't get cracked by a big shot early. He has the style to make Woodley gas and wilt under three rounds. RDA has great cardio and Colby made him gas hard. If Colby could walk RDA down after time, I have no doubt he could do it to Woodley.

I actually think Usman wins.

Woodley has good boxing and great power, but he’s still a bit robotic and very tentative, granted by design, whereas I think Usman moves a little better, he’s younger, he’s also shown power.

Both are high level wrestlers so I’m not sure how that goes, but I think Usman has a better gas tank. Woodley conserves a lot of energy, if an opponent can make him work he may tire out.

Usman is hittable though, moreso than Woodley, and against a guy like Woodley, that is a problem.

I hope we see Woodley v. Usman next, if Woodley can get by Till (a big if).

No one. Not Woodley, not Usman, not the fans, not the UFC. Boring fight that Woodley wins but hurts his stock anyways.

Sherdog may laugh, but I give Covington a legit chance of beating Woodley. IF he doesn't get cracked by a big shot early. He has the style to make Woodley gas and wilt under three rounds. RDA has great cardio and Colby made him gas hard. If Colby could walk RDA down after time, I have no doubt he could do it to Woodley.

Usman and Covington both have a chance against Woodley. I think Usman is the better striker of the two, so I favor him (really I think he is just slightly better everywhere).

Till too. Woodley is getting old, and a lot of other guys are moving into that top tier of the division. If Woodley can take these current contenders out he would really solidify his already pretty impressive resume or legacy.

Currently, Woodley is leagues above Usman in MMA.

LOL that is a worst fight of the century contender Snoozeman vs Tyquill

I somehow completely forgot about colby.... that pace he put on in his last fight can't be ignored.

Snoozeman is a poor man’s woodley.

He would get KO’d or 50-45’d.

When was the last time we saw Woodley really pressured?That seems (seemed) to be his problem both cardio wise and freezing up.We saw Marquardt,Rory Mac,Jake Shields beat him this way and Kelvin fought him to a split after a weight fiasco.Till will take his time most likely and that benefits Woodley too imo.

I think it's possible a few guys outwork Woodley,we really need to see how he reacts to pressure.I would pick Tyron over Usman but wouldn't be surprised at all if Usman took over down the stretch with good pressure,same with Colby and even an on point RDA.I think Rory would beat him again,he's maybe the only i'd pick over Woodley though as of right now.

I would pick Usman, especially if he went over 30%...

Woodley has more weapons and I can't see Usman imposing his will on Tyron. Woodley with a standard 50-45 imho.

I actually think Usman wins.

Woodley has good boxing and great power, but he’s still a bit robotic and very tentative, granted by design, whereas I think Usman moves a little better, he’s younger, he’s also shown power.

Both are high level wrestlers so I’m not sure how that goes, but I think Usman has a better gas tank. Woodley conserves a lot of energy, if an opponent can make him work he may tire out.

Usman is hittable though, moreso than Woodley, and against a guy like Woodley, that is a problem.

I hope we see Woodley v. Usman next, if Woodley can get by Till (a big if).
People forget Shields beat Woodley. Colby was said to mop the fucking floor with Trayvon in the gym and I can see why. If he can't knock you out, and you can make him work and grind, the muscles that he has gas him. Colby reminds me of a hybrid of Jake Shields and the pressure of Nick Diaz. He is a nightmare match for Tyron and tough as fucking nails.

Back