Who was the first UFC fighter flagged by USADA?

mirko650.jpg

Edit: http://mmajunkie.com/2015/11/offici...cop-first-ufc-fighter-to-fail-usada-drug-test

Last edited:
Cro Cop. Atleast since the 2 year ban provisions were put into place.

Did Cro Cop fail the test? I thought he just told USADA he used some HGH an they suspended him.

As far as offence date goes:

Tibau was first, 7th November

Cro Cop was second, 9th November

As far as when the public were notified

Cro Cop was first, 11th November

Tibau was second, 4th December

Yeah Cro Cop just openly admitted he used HGH to heal up. He wasn't initially flagged for anything.

assuming they were analysed for hgh which is quite possible they didnt
Maybe I worded it badly. I'm not assuming they were, I'm just stating he didn't officially fail whatever tests they decided to carry out.

I could be wrong here, but didn't Cro Cop pass his USADA test but admit to HGH use anyway? I thought that was why he was suspended.

I could be wrong here, but didn't Cro Cop pass his USADA test but admit to HGH use anyway? I thought that was why he was suspended.
lol that's why you never tattle on yourself. You just keep doing you until they catch on.

lol that's why you never tattle on yourself. You just keep doing you until they catch on.
If I remember correctly, he said that he was injured and tried to use HGH to heal himself before his fight so that he didn't have to pull out. It didn't work, and then he got tested by USADA and assumed he'd be found with HGH in his system, so instead of pulling out from the fight with his injury and then getting suspended, he decided to "retire" and basically admitted to HGH use without actually saying it.

But you're 100% right. Whether you're talking to the cops or making a public statement, don't admit to something unless it's already out there and you've been caught. Keep your damn mouth shut.

GOAT cro cop smart enough to ditch the UFC just to present us a better showing on rizin

Back