Who was/is stronger ... Bob Sapp or Brock Lesnar?

Sapp.

Sapp was drafted into the NFL. Earned his way from practice squad to roster spot.

Brock was invited for a try out and washed out.

They both played same position. Both played or attempted to play on Minnesota.

Brock beat on Herring for 3 rounds. Sapp punched Herring in the shoulder and separated it leading to a TKO in the first round.
sapp actually played college football. it's ridiculous to conclude anything based on their nfl experience. laughable. lesnar's reported combine stats would put him at elite if they are true. he wasn't a football player trying out for a professional football team.

I'm not sure Sapp is stronger than Lesnar, maybe he is, maybe he's not. I know size doesn't always tell the story. Mark Hunt is smaller than Sapp but pulled him off a ledge. I know Lesnar's combine numbers were pretty crazy.

Depends on the exercise.

Arm wrestling, tug of war have a lot of factor like technique, grip, center of gravity etc depends you can surely best him on some things and a 300 lbs Mark Hunt ain't no joke either and look at him super low and snagging for dear life.

It's more like rock, paper, etc.. but strength wise I think prime Sapp could move more weight around then Lesnar or Hunt.

Last edited:
I'm not sure Sapp is stronger than Lesnar, maybe he is, maybe he's not. I know size doesn't always tell the story. Mark Hunt is smaller than Sapp but pulled him off a ledge. I know Lesnar's combine numbers were pretty crazy.

That was about leverages more than absolute strength. Bob also ran over Hunt in an arm wrestling competition.

Bob was a lean 350+. I've seen his trainer claim he was deadlifting mid 800s for triples without focussing himself on weightlifting. I guarantee Hunt isn't pulling that kind of weight.

Lesnar had very good combine numbers, but his rep test on the 225 wasn't out of this world.

Last edited:
421124798_29f14d861b.jpg

images
In terms of numbers Sapp, in terms of usable athletic strength Lesnar by far.
Wrestlers are the strongest human beings on planet earth.

Sapp is 6',5" and 330Lbs.

People talking about how he was a monster is hilarious. The guy literally started his career in Japan which everyone knows is a hotbed for superheavyweight MMA fighters (i honestly thought he was brought to Japan to be a real life Zangief at the time).

He spent 5 years beating up small Japanese HW's with the occasional name thrown in to serve him up a loss.
He's currently on a 7 year 14 or so fight losing streak.

Sapp may have been a monster once upon a time, but spending the twilight years of your career taking dives tends to take the sizzle out of any previous work. If Sapp took it serious, i don't know if it would have changed his record a great deal, i think it would have ended looking more like James Thompsons career (in other words, better but not great).

Sapp he outweighed brock at price by 60lbs to 70lbs of muscle. And was always bigger boned and lifted more.

Sapp is 6',5" and 330Lbs.

People talking about how he was a monster is hilarious. The guy literally started his career in Japan which everyone knows is a hotbed for superheavyweight MMA fighters (i honestly thought he was brought to Japan to be a real life Zangief at the time).

He spent 5 years beating up small Japanese HW's with the occasional name thrown in to serve him up a loss.
He's currently on a 7 year 14 or so fight losing streak.

Sapp may have been a monster once upon a time, but spending the twilight years of your career taking dives tends to take the sizzle out of any previous work. If Sapp took it serious, i don't know if it would have changed his record a great deal, i think it would have ended looking more like James Thompsons career (in other words, better but not great).

HIs record does not prove his power. His beat Hoost. If he clipped brock he would fuck him up. Sapp was 350lbs in prime with enough gas to go 6 minutes.

Sapp was drafted into the NFL. Earned his way from practice squad to roster spot.

Brock was invited for a try out and washed out.

1 - How this indicates strength is beyond me.

2 - Sapp played ball in highschool. Sapp played in college. Lesnar did neither. In case someone can't read between the lines, this means one guy had a lot of experience in the the game, and another had literally zero prior to NFL try outs. Lesnar even trying out is fucking insane. Again, that's insane, but has no bearing on strength.

3 - Lesnar was injured. Is it hard to understand why a guy that got a scholarship to play ball in college was able to get a spot, while a guy that has never played, and is hurt did not? Again..... nothing to do with strength.

BTW Sapp was probably stronger on pure bench numbers. Which would be helpful if he was in body building I guess. I like turtles.

1 - How this indicates strength is beyond me.

2 - Sapp played ball in highschool. Sapp played in college. Lesnar did neither. In case someone can't read between the lines, this means one guy had a lot of experience in the the game, and another had literally zero prior to NFL try outs. Lesnar even trying out is fucking insane. Again, that's insane, but has no bearing on strength.

3 - Lesnar was injured. Is it hard to understand why a guy that got a scholarship to play ball in college was able to get a spot, while a guy that has never played, and is hurt did not? Again..... nothing to do with strength.

BTW Sapp was probably stronger on pure bench numbers. Which would be helpful if he was in body building I guess. I like turtles.
Sapp was all around stronger than brick except I'll give Brock the edge in cardio

That was about leverages more than absolute strength. Bob also ran over Hunt in an arm wrestling competition.

Bob was a lean 350+. I've seen his trainer claim he was deadlifting mid 800s for triples without focussing himself on weightlifting. I guarantee Hunt isn't pulling that kind of weight.

Lesnar had very good combine numbers, but his rep test on the 225 wasn't out of this world.

Sapp is huge, no doubt, monstrous. Strength is weird thing though because different guys are good at different things. It makes you wonder about a guy like Paul Anderson who was one of the strongest men to ever live. Only 5'9" and 360 pounds.

th

Stumpy dude was hella strong. Here he is doing a 300 pound 1 armed press.

Sapp was all around stronger than brick except I'll give Brock the edge in cardio

That's fine, as long as you comprehend that nothing related to the NFL has anything to do with your views on Brock's strength.

If you hear people talk about Brock's strength, it's something special.

I'd say Sapp is stronger but Lesnar is definitly faster and more explosive.

if we're talking just pure strength then most likely Sapp meanwhile Lesnar is more athletic of the two

In their primes based on size probably Sapp could put better numbers up.

Now who is the better athlete then I'm going with Lesnar easy.. he had cardio for that size, speed, the movements were fluid enough for a 290 lbs man.
Lesnar would also have much more grappling strength even though he's around 80lbs lighter than early 2000s Sapp. He'd be throwing Sapp around probably.

Lesnar would also have much more grappling strength even though he's around 80lbs lighter than early 2000s Sapp. He'd be throwing Sapp around probably.

Oh yea he won a NCAA he would out wrestled Sapp even with the size and strength difference.

And like you said grappling strength is also different then what most realize.

Depends how you define strength. I haven't looked at their numbers but I would be very surprised if Sapp couldn't put up more weight than Lesnar in most lifts.

However, with Brock's wrestling acumen, I would also be surprised if he couldn't just duck a Sapp bull rush and double leg him of they fought.

Lesnar arm wrestled and beat everyone at WWE until Kane smashed him like a child.

As far as strength goes Prime sapp was stronger than Prime lesnar for lifts.

Back