Who was better, Khabib/Wrestling/Cage or Fedor/Judo/Ring?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Fedor has never in his career lost fighting inside the ring.
Khabib has never lost in his career lost fighting inside the cage.

Only two fighters in the history of MMA, with significant amount of fights in obviously, who can say that about themselves.

I always thought the guy to beat Fedor was someone like Khabib. Wrestling with good submission defense. Until Fedor went full retard in Werdum's guard.

I think someone to beat Khabib is someone like Ortega, or even Kron, or even Hall, or even someone like Justin, if he can work on his gas tank.

I think Khabib's dad is spot on when he said Fedor has very good Judo, and very good Sambo, but he isn't really a wrestler, or something along that line. But Fedor was lot more dynamic and better Judo/Sambo. The only one of handful guys in hall of Fame for Sambo, and that ain't Khabib.

Funny thing about Khabib is, he just doesn't feel like one of those guys, like Fedor, GSP, Jon Jones. He feels more like Prime Hughes. Great, but not one of those special guys. Just me though. GSP would wipe the floor with Khabib though. That would be one sided molestation of highest degree, I think.

This cant be answered yet. I mean - look at the gamut Fedor ran in early 2000s ( and this coming from a neutral party. I give my opinions on Fedor , - fair and bloody square).

Haha OP, you are always so delusional and never fail to bring the laughs : )

Fedor never really shot for takedowns. Rarely. I think at hw he found them risky. Fedor usually found success by beating his way in,getting underhooks and flinging to you to the floor with his explosive power. He would be able to do that to guys 80 lbs heavier.

I don't see much simmetry tbh... Fedor style was a mix of elements, Khabib style is way more based on a single aspect

Last edited:
In fights that featured real commissions and drug testing Fedor is 5-5-1

In fights that featured real commissions and drug testing Fedor is 5-5-1

Bullshit speculation but even granting you that (I don't) Pride was a level playing field as the athletes were encouraged to roid so your bullshit point also has the feature of being irrelevant.

There is no answer to this.

Fedor did it at the highest level without losing for over a decade, beating opponents who pretty much always out-weighed him by a lot, while Khabib is still early on in his career and is huge for his division.

He could lose his next defense and go on a 3-fight losing streak and be exposed as an overachiever, or hold the title for the next 5 years, clean out the division, move up and win the WW title, etc.

We just don't know what Khabib's legacy is yet.

This cant be answered yet. I mean - look at the gamut Fedor ran in early 2000s ( and this coming from a neutral party. I give my opinions on Fedor , - fair and bloody square).

sums it up. looking forward to see how Khabib handles Tony and other challengers. one of the things i liked about Fedor is how he followed Nogueira to the ground with no fear of submissions and, and stood with Cro Cop, kinda beating both at their own game

Bullshit speculation but even granting you that (I don't) Pride was a level playing field as the athletes were encouraged to roid so your bullshit point also has the feature of being irrelevant.

Nothing was speculative, merely stating facts. You can judge what it means for yourself.

Please source your "athletes were encouraged" comment.

Fedor. GOAT.

Khabib wins the weight-cutting competition though.

Fedor is like Khabibs grappling plus Ngannou stand up

<Fedor23>

sums it up. looking forward to see how Khabib handles Tony and other challengers. one of the things i liked about Fedor is how he followed Nogueira to the ground with no fear of submissions and, and stood with Cro Cop, kinda beating both at their own game
He took cro cop to the ground for about half the fight.....that’s where he clearly won the fight.

CAGE vs Ring definitely plays a factor in how these two setup their GnP.

Fedor's Ground N Pound was different from Khabib's; he would get his opponent flat on his back and gain control of their guard, and just raise up and create hellacious shot from the top. Khabib does that a little bit as well, but it's a lot more of an elaborate & controlled process, where he tires an opponent, holds him down for a long time, and then unleashes, quite often while holding him completely neutralized in his grip. Khabib also uses the fence of a cage to his advantage as part of his game.

Fedor did not rely on his grappling to finish an opponent, he had an option in his heyday of finishing standing up or through the ground; Khabib relies on the ground 95%. Fedor was a lot more diverse as an opponent, a lot less predictable.

Khabib's grappling is much more advanced in general, more suffocating and studious.

Fedor was a better athlete in my opinion, faster, more explosive, with a very good stamina for a big guy.

All in all, quite different in how they setup their GNP, but I've enjoyed Fedor's explosive GNP a bit more just visually.

Nothing was speculative, merely stating facts. You can judge what it means for yourself.

Please source your "athletes were encouraged" comment.

It was bullshit speculation. Pride didnt test and it is widely known that steroid use was rampant so even if Fedor used it is pointless.

Your post sucked.

CAGE vs Ring definitely plays a factor in how these two setup their GnP.

Fedor's Ground N Pound was different from Khabib's; he would get his opponent flat on his back and gain control of their guard, and just raise up and create hellacious shot from the top. Khabib does that a little bit as well, but it's a lot more of an elaborate & controlled process, where he tires an opponent, holds him down for a long time, and then unleashes, quite often while holding him completely neutralized in his grip. Khabib also uses the fence of a cage to his advantage as part of his game.

Fedor did not rely on his grappling to finish an opponent, he had an option in his heyday of finishing standing up or through the ground; Khabib relies on the ground 95%. Fedor was a lot more diverse as an opponent, a lot less predictable.

Khabib's grappling is much more advanced in general, more suffocating and studious.

Fedor was a better athlete in my opinion, faster, more explosive, with a very good stamina for a big guy.

All in all, quite different in how they setup their GNP, but I've enjoyed Fedor's explosive GNP a bit more just visually.

no.

Lol. Anything to get a Fedor thread going eh? He got exposed and fought in the shittiest division when other guys were just learning to be more than one dimensional. Khabib is fighting top talent. Any top 10 LW is 10 times better than any top HW.

Back