Who thinks that werdum is better striker than cain?

Daniel Ghita**

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Werdum striking is incredibile in these days. His progression in striking departament is amazing. He fucked nelson out in stand up. Also, he did a good stand up fight with overeem, and destroyed really badly Mike Russow. His stand up seem crazy in these days, probably number 3, after overeem and mark hunt. He is another fighter than it was in the fight with JDS. I have no doubt that he would beat jds at this time.

I'd love to see Werdum and Cain fight.... Cain would have a hard time with Werdum on the ground.

His striking is great and maybe overall more versitile and well rounded but Cain seems to have more power and that can make him more effective

i agree, werdums striking is great.
he should have stand and bang with reem

werdum uses pitter patter athletic striking. i agree its awesome but he doesn't do much damage and most of his shots are based off of being more athletic than the other guy. he outstruck Russow, Nelson, and did ok against Overeem because he was quicker and lighter. I think a 240 lb heavyweight would certainly circumvent this problem. I would love to see this fight but I think the outstriking thing is wishful thinking.

if anyone cares: I actually had a few bouts similar to this. I moved up to heavy for a few matches from 205. I am a bjj guy with a mediocre muy thai game. i went up against some dudes i'd seen knock out some guys on a few occasions and ended up tooling them because they were closer to 250-260 and i was about 215.

I think Cain is a better striker. More KO power for sure. Maybe Werdum could outwork him keeping distance but I doubt it.

i agree, werdums striking is great.
he should have stand and bang with reem

He was winning the stand-up. Werdum's strategy was baffling, he was doing well, no need to embarrass himself the way he did.

Yes he has..he can beat Cain standing up and he can beat Cain on the ground...but can he beat him in the clinch?
Cain will put Werdum on the fence until he's tired, and THEN he will beat him standing.

Anyway interesting fight and i would love to see it!

His striking has improved a lot but watch that NElson fight again, Nelson rocked him once or twice and did better than most people remember.

werdum uses pitter patter athletic striking. i agree its awesome but he doesn't do much damage and most of his shots are based off of being more athletic than the other guy. he outstruck Russow, Nelson, and did ok against Overeem because he was quicker and lighter. I think a 240 lb heavyweight would certainly circumvent this problem. I would love to see this fight but I think the outstriking thing is wishful thinking.

if anyone cares: I actually had a few bouts similar to this. I moved up to heavy for a few matches from 205. I am a bjj guy with a mediocre muy thai game. i went up against some dudes i'd seen knock out some guys on a few occasions and ended up tooling them because they were closer to 250-260 and i was about 215.

he doesnt do damage? hahaha. th knees roy took wouldve knocked every other man out in hw except hunt. cains pillow fists dont do damage. he needs 100 power shoots to the head to make it swollen. power hitters do that with 1 punch. and dont act like cigano has a super chin. he was hit my pillows. hendo or rua wouldnt have been knocked down by that average straight right. ever!

It would be an interesting fight for sure. Werdum has improved a lot since the Overeem fight imo. I still don't think his striking is better than Cain's but his ground game on the other hand is miles ahead.

Werdum striking is good enough but Cain is better, Cain is a wrestler but his hand is very good, just like Cormier.

Werdum has no doubt improved but Cain just outstruck Cigano. No argument, he beat him in all 5 rounds. Give the man some credit.

Back