Who the hell has no win bonus?

PinkFlammingo

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/07/bellator-263-salaries-patricio-pitbull-freire-aj-mckee

Forgive me for being an idiot, obviously I've just been watching ufc. But I've never seen someone have no win bonus. What the hell is that?

Brent Primus
Khasan Magomedsharipov
Keifer Crosbie
Georgi Karakhanyan

All have no win bonus. Crosbie and Georgi are fighting each other at least but Primus and Khasan are fighting guys with smaller salaries and win bonus.

Is that something they do because these guys are heavy favorites? Just seems odd
half-baked-facts.jpg

Being paid a higher flat ratę is better then taking a lower show money and hoping you get more by winning

Fighters have no reason to like the show/win structure and will negotiate a flat rate if they can. There's a reason top boxers get flat rates. UFC isn't willing to do it because they're the UFC so they have all the leverage. Bellator being the Bellator of the space use it as an incentive to sign with them.

Fighters have no reason to like the show/win structure and will negotiate a flat rate if they can. There's a reason top boxers get flat rates. UFC isn't willing to do it because they're the UFC so they have all the leverage. Bellator being the Bellator of the space use it as an incentive to sign with them.
UFC does show/win sińce they can łów ball people and rationalize it by saying they will get double that by winning. It saves them costs in the end

UFC does show/win sińce they can łów ball people and rationalize it by saying they will get double that by winning. It saves them costs in the end

Wow. I know it's a business, but that's pretty fucked up.

It's a shame we can't have the best of both worlds where guys didn't have condom depot decals, but still were able to get paid for sponsorships....

I understand why the fighters would want a flat rate. It should be like the pitbull McKee fight, where they get a decent base pay, and have the bonus be an actual bonus ffs

They do it because it saves money. They can do it because they hold the cards in every negotiation because they're the UFC and everyone else isn't.

Wow. I know it's a business, but that's pretty fucked up.

It's a shame we can't have the best of both worlds where guys didn't have condom depot decals, but still were able to get paid for sponsorships....

I understand why the fighters would want a flat rate. It should be like the pitbull McKee fight, where they get a decent base pay, and have the bonus be an actual bonus ffs
The more I dug into the UFC's business practices over the years the more it pushed me away from them. I still watch it because I'm an avid MMA fan but they're a pretty disgusting business in my opinion which is why I try to give all the big promotions attention.

The more I dug into the UFC's business practices over the years the more it pushed me away from them. I still watch it because I'm an avid MMA fan but they're a pretty disgusting business in my opinion which is why I try to give all the big promotions attention.
I'm sure you've seen the emails that were leaked between him and Lorenzo fertitta then. I don't remember who it was about but they were pumped about fucking someone on their money

I'm sure you've seen the emails that were leaked between him and Lorenzo fertitta then. I don't remember who it was about but they were pumped about fucking someone on their money
Oh I've seen it all that a regular dude like myself has access to. I have found the anti-trust lawsuit very fascinating and it definitely has brought a lot to light.

Back