Who should Penn fight instead of Edgar? Maynard

Crushasaurus

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I think Maynard makes a lot more sense than Edgar does. Penn already lost twice. Even if he wins, I'm not sure that it really improves his legacy in anyway or changes the perception of those losses.

I think Maynard sounds like a fight for Penn, both lost in there last 2 I believe. And Maynard did quite well against Edgar, so I think you could easily make the claim that both of these opponents are of equal calibre (although Edgar is still a bit better).

I still think this is just a dumb choice of a fight for Penn. Not because I think he won't win, but because I just don't think he gains much by winning and neither does Edgar.

Any other suggestions? Nate Diaz could be good too. Bendo?

Penn is now fighting at FW, if you don't think he should fight Edgar you should pick another FW.

Misleading thread title. I thought Frankie was injured and the fight was changed.

Please don't do that, ts

I'd like to see him fight KZ, would be a more reasonable fight in this point in his career.

BJ is only good for fights against other legends at this point. I would like to see Penn and Edgar both fight Faber at some point. Maybe Kawajiri. He's fought all the greats from Japan but not BJ yet.

Well, he'd avenge his worst loss at LW, the guy who took his belt, and a top 5 FW.

But has nothing to gain.

Righhhhhht :rolleyes:

I'd tune in for Penn vs Kawajiri. That sounds fun to watch.

Isn't the reason why BJ came back to fight Frankie? I thought I read somewhere BJ asked for this fight.

TS...fail thread title....just go reset

One of the most bizarre threads this week.

Back