Who should Islam Makhachev fight next?

Who should Islam Makhachev fight next?

• Total voters

Takes Two To Tango

The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Now that he defended his title, who's next in line?

MAKHACHEV_ISLAM_L_BELT_02-11.png

He should have a rematch with Volks in may/june and if he wins, then fight Oliveira/Dariush winner in autumn. If he loses, then fight Justin in autumn.

There should be an option for just Beneil (without the Charles fight) because that is the right answer and it has been for a while.

Charles vs Beneil is unnecessary, they could have just made Islam vs Beneil.

There should be an option for just Beneil (without the Charles fight) because that is the right answer and it has been for a while.
Cancel the Oliveira vs Dariush fight and make Islam vs Beneil.

Wish I could do that, but he has a fight scheduled with Oliveira. Unfortunately for him.

Charles vs Beneil is unnecessary, they could have just made Islam vs Beneil.
They should have made the Dariush vs. Islam match in october22 for the title eliminator. The way how they screwed both Beneil and Charles last year and now have them fight against eachother is just ridiculous.

Meanwhile Makhachev (after defending his title 1 time):

It's ridiculous.

Yep, and people were claiming that the belt can’t be vacant for a x amount of time, That’s why they had to force Charles to fight in Abu Dhabi. And what is this fool doing now? Holding the division. He should fight active in his division or vacate.

Yep, and people were claiming that the belt can’t be vacant for a x amount of time, That’s why they had to force Charles to fight in Abu Dhabi. And what is this fool doing now? Holding the division. He should fight active in his division or vacate.
Man, Volk should have gotten that decision. I would be very happy. That was a wicked performance. And who really won really? Who broke who?

I say Volk. It seems like Islam doesn't want to fight until it's Abu Dhabi event. It gives time for Justin/Dustin fight to settle. Both guys are going to take a lot of damage for that fight. I hope Beneil doesn't win against Olives. He doesn't want to call out any of his stablemates.

Last edited:
Back