Who should have been ranked higher when Chad faced Connor, Chad or Frankie?

Number1StockBroker

Making that money, to get them honeys.
Banned
Reaction score
Chad lost to Aldo and was on a 1 fight win streak when he was choosen to fight Connor.

Frankie lost to Aldo in a title fight and then went on a 4 fight win streak and was overlooked even though Chad was given another title shot 7 months after losing to Aldo.

Mendes, his fight with Jose was very close.

Conor dont want none of Frankie plain and simple

At that point it was Mendes. He beat the higher ranked fighters and he beat more of them.

Chad was the proven #2 guy at the time. Just didn't have a full camp behind him and clearly just took the fight for a paycheck. Hopefully Diaz didn't

Frankies fight with Aldo was closer and Mendes had lost to Aldo by KO in the first round before or 2nd not too sure.
I don't think Frankie's fight was closer, Mendes was the number one contender, he lost a very close fight with the champ, it's rare that results in a ranking drop unless the guy below you has beat someone of equal standing which wasn't possible for Frankie.

Chad had lost twice at that point to aldo, Chad should've been ranked higher but shouldn't have gotten the shot. And it's not frankie fault they put him on hold for a meaningless fight with bj.

hahahhahah... what!?

Frankies fight was NOT closer.. Mendes arguably could have won, frankie not at all.

Mendes got dropped 2 or 3 times.
In saying that, there wasn't much difference between the 2, I'd go with Frankie though.

Mendes was ranked higher and deservedly so.

Frankie just had an opportunity to fight McGregor and puss'd out. Mendes didn't puss out.

Mendes got dropped 2 or 3 times.
In saying that, there wasn't much difference between the 2, I'd go with Frankie though.
jose aldo got dropped 2 times, so it was very even, and one of the times mendes "dropped" was when aldo hit him after the bell.

I'd go with mendes, and so would 90% of the mma community. There is tons of mcgregor haters in here though, who will cling onto frankie as the choice since he hasnt been KO'd stiff by mcgregor YET. Dont forget that mendes also KO'd Lamas in the first with a punch to the fucking forehead.

Deal with it ;) Frankie AINT the answer.

jose aldo got dropped 2 times, so it was very even, and one of the times mendes "dropped" was when aldo hit him after the bell.

I'd go with mendes, and so would 90% of the mma community. There is tons of mcgregor haters in here though, who will cling onto frankie as the choice since he hasnt been KO'd stiff by mcgregor YET. Dont forget that mendes also KO'd Lamas in the first with a punch to the fucking forehead.

Deal with it ;) Frankie AINT the answer.
Mendes beat Metza (ok), McKenzie (ok), Elkins (good), Guida (it mattered at that point, Guida was #6 or so) and then Lentz, lost a very competive fight with Aldo then beat Lamas (#4). Honestly Mendes was ranked behind Aldo for good reason. Anyone seeking to revise history and rank Frankie more highly than Chad is simply not being honest with themselves or looking hard enough at the division at the time.

Rankings aside, anyone should have known that Edgar was better. Beaten way better comp than Mendes ever has.

When they announced it was gonna be Mendes everyone thought "Shit, he went toe to toe with Aldo but has better wrestling and he just decimated his last opponents, a legit top 5 guy with one punch, this is probably a more dangerous match up for Conor, hes like Frankie with power!"

However in just under 2 rounds we saw no footwork, no gas tank and it was over, next fight Frankie cracks him with the punching equivalent of a kiss goodnight and Mendes slips into obscurity.

Back