Who should fight for the Lightweight title next?

Who should fight for the Lightweight title next?

• Khabib Nurmagomedov

• Rafael Dos Anjos

• Tony Ferguson

• Winner of McGregor/Diaz 2

• Donald Cerrone

• Edson Barboza

• Dustin Poirier

• Michael Chiesa

Results are only viewable after voting.

Renzo Machida

Carlson Gracie Lineage
@Orange
Reaction score
McGregor-vs-Dustin-Poirier.jpg

rafaeldosanjos_natediaz_get.jpg

31-edson-barboza-punches-donald-cerrone.png

c7736a00-a091-11e5-8d9e-f772abc7f07c_Ferguson-Barboza-battle.jpg

030516-UFC-Nate-Diaz-reacts-to-his-victory-over-Conor-McGregor-PI--.vadapt.664.high.52.jpg

The best division, for sure.

Ferguson imo. Longest win streak in the division and his win over Barboza is higher quality than Khabibs nearly 3 year old win over rda imo

Go with Ferguson next and give the others a new round of fights and pick the next best streak to challenge after ferg

connor needs to defend his 145 win or lose against Nate

And Nate needs to win against one of these guys on your list

In fact, lightweight is rock-paper-scissors.

Nate > Johnson
Johnson > Ferguson
Ferguson > Thomson
Thomson > Nate
Cerrone > Barboza
Barboza > Pettis
Pettis > Cerrone
Cerrone > Alvarez
Alvarez > RDA
RDA > Cerrone

And it goes on....

McGregor/Diaz winner will take precedent. If Conor wins, he might fight Aldo anyway. If Nate wins, he might not want to fight at all. If they go with Alvarez/McGregor or Alvarez/Diaz, I'd like to see Ferguson/RDA and Khabib/Barboza, but there's lots of possibilities.

If they don't go with Conor or Nate, Tony Ferguson should get the shot ahead of Khabib. Khabib has faced grapplers more than strikers. I want to see him deal with a striker, especially one with good TDD like Barboza. So I'd go Alvarez/Ferguson and Khabib/Barboza, leaving someone else for RDA's rebound fight.

If Khabib gets hurt again give it to ATAP Ferg

I voted Khabib. A win over Ferguson would have given him the title shot and it isn't his fault that Ferguson had to pull out. If that reasoning works for Woodley then it works for Khabib.

I voted Khabib, and I'm torn between him and Ferguson... Both pretty good arguments, just hope Khabib doesn't get broke or have some religious reasons not to fight any time soon... Not a fan of his at all but his record speaks for itself.

Ferguson/Khabib/Barboza are the 3 it has to be between.

Ferguson deserves it with his quality win streak imo. If not him then Khabib. Then Barboza in 3rd.

RDA got battered by Eddie, Cerrone has been fighting at WW, so have Natw & Conor (who will fight Aldo after this fight), and Poirer & Chiesa both need a couple more wins.

Ferguson. Nice win streak and exciting. Always delivers a good show

I voted Khabib. A win over Ferguson would have given him the title shot and it isn't his fault that Ferguson had to pull out. If that reasoning works for Woodley then it works for Khabib.
Khabib did it first. He pulled out of a fight with Ferguson in December. Ferguson then went and had a FOTY contender with Barboza instead.

Khabib should be behind tony & Edson. Make him fight Edson while tony gets his shot.

At this point it's gotta be Ferguson.

Khabib did it first. He pulled out of a fight with Ferguson in December. Ferguson then went and had a FOTY contender with Barboza instead.

Regardless, the winner of their last scheduled fight was due a title shot. Ferguson pulled out. Injuries happen. It is what it is.

If Woodley earned a title shot off of basically the same circumstances then Khabib is due a title shot.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back