who likes to throw bows

facebreaker

White Belt
Reaction score
i love elbows there great from the ground but i find them difficult standing up cause off the short range whats a good occasion to use elbows standing up

You train MT, don't you? Use elbows in the clinch. Kabuki should be able to give you some good pointers about this.

besides being used in the clinch, elbows are also great counter-attacks because you really have to get up close and personal for it to be effective. for example, if your opponent tries to deliver a straight, this is assuming you stand orthodox of course, you can step in with your right foot in a half-circle motion and throw that elbow where it hurts.

i forgot to add, that you also have to block the punch for that trick to work. lol.

It is also good if you are going forward with a combo that ends with a hook. If he is covering up there is normaly a opening on his forehead between the gloves that you can hit with a 45 degree wlbow and cut him. The momentum forwards make the elbow powerfull and if you cut him he will have blood in one or both of his eyes.

I use them in two cases mainly. To separate from the clinch, or to close the distance. To do the latter I'll jab and follow with a right elbow.

legshot420 said:
besides being used in the clinch, elbows are also great counter-attacks because you really have to get up close and personal for it to be effective. for example, if your opponent tries to deliver a straight, this is assuming you stand orthodox of course, you can step in with your right foot in a half-circle motion and throw that elbow where it hurts.

This move is quite effective in a fight, I'd suggest only tryin it on some one of the same height as you.

I just finished watching "The Ultimate Fighter" and Luke throws some pretty nice elbows from clinch and from the ground.

If you can slip a punch and step foreward simultaniously, you can land a pretty good ribcage elbow. Just be sure you are lower than your opponent and squared off with them (it's easy for them to get your back if you screw up.)

If the guy tries to throw a right straight from close up, you can try to slip past it and throw your overhand right elbow to his head.

LOVE them..throw em in the clinch like a madman and they cut..what more could you ask for

The uppercut with the elbow is complete destruction.

Underrated and underutilized.

Chad Hamilton said:
The uppercut with the elbow is complete destruction.

Underrated and underutilized.
That is the one strike that I feel I have no power behind when throwing.

Back