• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who is your favorite Tough Chick in film history?

Loved Linda Hamilton in T1, but I thought she shined (shone? shineded) in T2. The scenes you quoted, your cringes were my chills. The scenes where she dreams the world is ending, and especially the scene where she first sees Arny again and falls back on her ass recoiling in horror, she fucking knocked those out of the park for me.

Indeed to me he seems to be relating a scene being uncomfortable to it being bad acting.

I actually liked Sophia...

Didn't think she was amazing or anything, but always thought she was good, & way over-hated in that one...

tenor.gif

She wasn't Carano or Couture or Rousey level bad. But there was a fair bit of room for improvement in that particular performance.

She wasn't Carano or Couture or Rousey level bad. But there was a fair bit of room for improvement in that particular performance.

I'd have to rewatch G3 to give her a fair review, it's been a buncha years; I just haven't been in a rush to do that.

41MpZ6al-0L.jpg

One of the only believable tough girl performances ever given.

Petey and I couldn't be further apart in terms of our opinions on Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor. She was in her lane in T1 where she played a sweet girl caught up over her head who clings to survival. She was godawful as the hardened, militant cynic. It drastically showed her lack of range. Below is some of the worst acting to ever been in a truly great movie. This is a serious danger when wives or daughters get cast by their creatively great counterparts (I'm reminded of Sophia Coppola in Godfather III):

The scene where she reprimands Dyson for his work in science is equally cringeworthy:

one of the few chicks I’d be proud to get pegged by.

Last edited:
The chick from Aliens that isn't Sigourney Weaver that says that Bill Paxton has never been mistaken for a man.

Duan from Journey to the West or Valeria from Conan. Honorable mention to the chick in Chocolate.

On an aside, when did we go from heroines that even Bro Alphas could cheer for to propped up SJW feminist shit?

Leia, Connor, even Ripley were feminine badasses...what to they have that many female lead characters today lack?

Cate Blanchett as Hela from Thor Ragnarok
6G5kijI.png

Lena Headey as Ma-Ma from Dredd
8SwR8BY.png

On an aside, when did we go from heroines that even Bro Alphas could cheer for to propped up SJW feminist shit?

Leia, Connor, even Ripley were feminine badasses...what to they have that many female lead characters today lack?

I just saw the Alien films for first time this year, and it was weird to me that the self-congratulatory attitude that tends to attach itself to female protagonists nowadays was so absent in Ridley. Her being female was such an after-the-fact element of her character that it was one of the truest cases of the gender of a hero(ine) being absolutely inconsequential (internal to the film, at least).

Really thought that perspective would have caught on a little better given how well the film was received.

I just saw the Alien films for first time this year, and it was weird to me that the self-congratulatory attitude that tends to attach itself to female protagonists nowadays was so absent in Ridley. Her being female was such an after-the-fact element of her character that it was one of the truest cases of the gender of a hero(ine) being absolutely inconsequential (internal to the film, at least).

Really thought that perspective would have caught on a little better given how well the film was received.

So the character being female was a description rather than definition?

Back