who is to blame for GSP early retirement

What in the fuck are you talking about. He lost twice in his career and came back dominate the people he lost to, and after his second loss went on a 13 fight winning streak.

In response to the thread: He's a 37 year old professional athlete who has been fighting for 17 years, what early retirement are you talking about?

You do realize he stepped away from the sport at 32 n didn’t fight 4 years?

He was pretty much retired In his prime

GSP is to blame

Hes low key super narcissistic and would probably melt down over a loss worse than Ronda.

He put himself in a position where he has too much to lose and little to gain (in his mind) and with his risk averse attitude he didnt want to jeopardize his record.
We've never seen any of those attributes from GSP before. What makes you say this?

Im doubting he even gets that far at this point.

Dana and company dont EVER reward this kind of shit.
Him snubbing Las Vegas makes UFC look poorly too. He is not even a proven draw at this point and is trying to strong arm these billionaires. I do wonder how Ali keeps on pulling off these miraculous deals where guys from ATT just get screwed over. I think we can all agree that if any other fighter did what Khabib did and was not Conor, Khabib, Jones or another big time player, they would have been banned from the sport - Daley did 1/10th of what Khabib did and was handed a lifetime ban.

I like GSP, but he is to blame. He wanted to fight Khabib but wouldn't agree to multiple fights so he wanted to win the belt and then vacate it like at MW. Lightweight is way too stacked for that and it does a disservice to Tony, Dustin, etc.

After 17 years of competing as a professional mma fighter it’s considered an early retirement ?

We've never seen any of those attributes from GSP before. What makes you say this?
he doesn't make it obvious or spell it out in black and white but he has referenced several times that he believes his ego and his pride in himself is higher than anyone else in the sport.
the fact that he's always reminding us that he avenged his losses is like a bratty little kid needing to have the last word.
the dude is just super competitive to the point where a loss would haunt him.
he decided way back at age 32 that it's not worth risking losing anymore

GSP is the only one to "blame" for GSP's decisions.

If he truly wants to keep fighting then there are plenty of fights out there for him. If he wants to retire then that's fine too. He has nothing left to prove and can walk away as one of the all time greats.

Uh---- Gsp. He vultured a " candy from a baby fight " in Bisping for a " legacy" fight lmao and now wants to fight 155ers.

Don't get me wrong- Gsp is one of the goats but as far as recent events and demands- good riddance.

Uh---- Gsp. He vultured a " candy from a baby fight " in Bisping for a " legacy" fight lmao and now wants to fight 155ers.

Don't get me wrong- Gsp is one of the goats but as far as recent events and demands- good riddance.
The Bisping vs GSP farce is the reason Mousasi went to Bellator

I blame usada... for not being here a lil sooner... the Hendrix fight shook him up and he realized it won’t be long now till somebody young n hungry will be able to beat him so he just dodged out before he would let that happen. If usada was here earlier than he wudda just cleaned up Hendrix with total ease and then gsp wouldn’t have realized that the 11th hour might be upon him n scared him away

Artem Lobov.

GSP wanted a superfight with Artem but Lobov decided to go fight bare knuckle instead

GSP was on a decline when he left the first time and probably got out at the exact right moment before he would have (assuming he faced top guys) started struggling to maintain dominance and win every time out.

So it's probably a combination of aging, injury, and his fairly conservative nature with respect to his career/legacy.

The Bisping vs GSP farce is the reason Mousasi went to Bellator

lol it was a farce alright in that the supposed best MW in the world got destroyed by a WW who hadn't fought in 4 years.
Just goes to show what a clown Bisping is

Dana being a clown and doing everything to favor Conor
Yup. If Dana hadn’t let Conor hold up two divisions to go fight fucking Floyd Mayweather (in a fight that was a complete waste of everyone’s time no less, also a waste of a whole lot of idiots’ money) than there would’ve been two more years to get fights in before GSP got to this age.​

He's been fighting over 15 years, is in his late 30's and isn't getting the prestige fights he wants. It's not really early.

It is, however, a way to pump an 'out of retirement' fight if LW gets settled and they decide they finally want him to face Khabib/Tony/whoever has the belt.

Yup. If Dana hadn’t let Conor hold up two divisions to go fight fucking Floyd Mayweather (in a fight that was a complete waste of everyone’s time no less, also a waste of a whole lot of idiots’ money) than there would’ve been two more years to get fights in before GSP got to this age.​
I don’t want to imagine the beating George would put on conor <{Joewithit}>

images

dana has nothing to do with gsp retiring last year

Dana being a clown and doing everything to favor Conor

this has nothing to do with conor cause if gsp wanted a easy win he fight conor.

gsp didnt want to fight any more and that why he retired last year.

Back