• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who is this guy Joe Rogan always mentions?

Rogan was way more likeable in his early podcasts. He was more open minded and humble but all the praise has gone to his head and he has become super arrogant as well as dismissive. Though to be fair, that Dave Asprey guy fucked his reputation up and Rogan did own up to it but from there he became more stingy with his attitude.

What made the Rogan podcast go down was the post Ronda loss, he was saying how people who critic her are low life humans beings meanwhile he shits on Cyborg 15 seconds later. Also I find that Brendan Schaub is ruining his podcast, he never shuts up and always interrupts interesting conversation with his dumb jock logic.

Anyway, still a fan but his podcast is not what it used to be and yet, the Legendary slick back long hair guy who dates older women seems to get mentioned every now and then...

oh fucking 100% Rogan used to be super enjoyable to listen too, now i have found that the closer he is with his guest, the bigger the douche/enlightened he tends to act. I rarely listen to his fight companions anymore, except for eddie bravo they all act like they are so much better than everybody else

Not sayign he is a bad guy but he is the kind of person who thinks he is open minded but is completely set in his ways

i like to listen to the ones where he has people he gets along with but is not super close to like tom papa

oh fucking 100% Rogan used to be super enjoyable to listen too, now i have found that the closer he is with his guest, the bigger the douche/enlightened he tends to act. I rarely listen to his fight companions anymore, except for eddie bravo they all act like they are so much better than everybody else

Not sayign he is a bad guy but he is the kind of person who thinks he is open minded but is completely set in his ways

i like to listen to the ones where he has people he gets along with but is not super close to like tom papa

I know exactly what you mean, he says how open minded he is and that he now has a broad perspective on life but really he has become an arrogant dickhead over the years. I will give you a specific example.

I remember Rogan saying something along the lines of " if you are my size but have no /little training, I can fuck you up without breaking a sweat"

Few podcasts later, Bryan Redban was saying that he did well in a club at Vancouver and Rogan went off on him like "No one gives a shit Bryan and stop bragging about how well you did, its fucking gross and no one likes to hear that shit"

Coming back to this thread, he is super supportive of young women marrying older rich men but when this guy does it, he is labeled as a "weak bitch" and just a disgusting leech of a human being.

Anyone who listens to joe Rogan should be sterilized..

I listen to Rogan's podcast and The Fighter & the Kid podcast religiously, but there's still some annoyances about them.

* Rogan gets quite obnoxious when he's had a few drinks or is in the environment with people drinking and smoking, that's something I've noticed.

* He mentions weed constantly. It reminds me of a kid at school who's fingered a girl for the first time and never shuts up about it.
We get it Joe, you smoke weed!

* When he tries to suggest your mind is somehow opened up to something important when using mushrooms, Ayahuasca, weed or any hallucinogen.
No Joe, you're fucking hallucinating because you took hallucinogenic drugs. Nothing more. It's no different to someone coming off heroin seeing dead babies crawling across the ceiling!
It doesn't mean shit other than the fact that you're off your face.

* And Joe seriously needs to tell Eddie Bravo to shut the fuck up sometimes. The last Fight Companion was almost unlistenable because of Eddie.

* I like Brendan Schaub but sometimes he's incredibly irritating.
So materialistic as a person.
Clearly very very bitter about the UFC.
And you can just tell that people who have a go at him online *really* do upset him because he always mentions how much he's not bothered by it, which of course suggests he really is.

Anyone who listens to joe Rogan should be sterilized..

Joe-Rogan-Had-an-Awesome-Reaction-to-the-Rousey-Knockout.jpg

I listen to Rogan's podcast and The Fighter & the Kid podcast religiously, but there's still some annoyances about them.

* Rogan gets quite obnoxious when he's had a few drinks or is in the environment with people drinking and smoking, that's something I've noticed.

* He mentions weed constantly. It reminds me of a kid at school who's fingered a girl for the first time and never shuts up about it.
We get it Joe, you smoke weed!

* When he tries to suggest your mind is somehow opened up to something important when using mushrooms, Ayahuasca, weed or any hallucinogen.
No Joe, you're fucking hallucinating because you took hallucinogenic drugs. Nothing more. It's no different to someone coming off heroin seeing dead babies crawling across the ceiling!
It doesn't mean shit other than the fact that you're off your face.

* And Joe seriously needs to tell Eddie Bravo to shut the fuck up sometimes. The last Fight Companion was almost unlistenable because of Eddie.

* I like Brendan Schaub but sometimes he's incredibly irritating.
So materialistic as a person.
Clearly very very bitter about the UFC.
And you can just tell that people who have a go at him online *really* do upset him because he always mentions how much he's not bothered by it, which of course suggests he really is.

oh dude the fighter and the kid podcast, the day they had randy couture as a guest, i saw it and went oh fuck yeah, play this shit right now!

i never made it to the randy couture part because while they were talking bryan was saying something along the lines of encouraging the listeners to follow dreams and bla bla and suddenly brendan jumped in and said something like:

"you know what B thats like discrediting me, because you are basically saying that if people tried hard enough, they could do what i do"

i immediately turned one of my true crime podcasts on, Brendan is a nice guy but he can be an arrogant self centered piece of shit sometimes

I know exactly what you mean, he says how open minded he is and that he now has a broad perspective on life but really he has become an arrogant dickhead over the years. I will give you a specific example.

I remember Rogan saying something along the lines of " if you are my size but have no /little training, I can fuck you up without breaking a sweat"

Few podcasts later, Bryan Redban was saying that he did well in a club at Vancouver and Rogan went off on him like "No one gives a shit Bryan and stop bragging about how well you did, its fucking gross and no one likes to hear that shit"

Coming back to this thread, he is super supportive of young women marrying older rich men but when this guy does it, he is labeled as a "weak bitch" and just a disgusting leech of a human being.

YEah man he has a lot of moments like that, i used to listen religiously, now i pick and choose, i dont know which is the last one i listened too besides the one with jon jones

did you listen to the one wit the dude that created the cocaine cowboys podcast, the guy was basically suggesting that maybe some people are born with something off that might make them more prone to mental sickness/ being crazy fucks and rogan immediately assaulted him and yelled for a while because he believes kids are blank slates

who the fuck knows who is right but it was impossible to listen to that shit

I'm just glad Redban is not on every podcast anymore. There was no reason for a third person to be there. He would just ruin the conversation.

oh dude the fighter and the kid podcast, the day they had randy couture as a guest, i saw it and went oh fuck yeah, play this shit right now!

i never made it to the randy couture part because while they were talking bryan was saying something along the lines of encouraging the listeners to follow dreams and bla bla and suddenly brendan jumped in and said something like:

"you know what B thats like discrediting me, because you are basically saying that if people tried hard enough, they could do what i do"

i immediately turned one of my true crime podcasts on, Brendan is a nice guy but he can be an arrogant self centered piece of shit sometimes

That's another thing about TFATK.
Brendan in particular likes to talk about how successful he is and they both preach that people who aren't like them aren't working hard enough.
It's a bit like rockstars putting down people who work a 9 to 5 job. Which is ironically 90% of anyone's fanbase.

And there's certain things that irk me. Like when Brendan recently made a big issue out of things when they got quite serious about discussing sexual assault. He said something along the lines of "two white guys shouldn't really be talking about it".
Why race came into that I have absolutely no idea.
And he clearly isn't that well read or intelligent. It's almost like he's just discovered books and the news in the past 2 years. But to be fair to him, he's doing well with what tools he has.
Oh and he also is clearly very very bitter about the UFC. He shits on them at every opportunity and then makes a point of saying how much he loves them.

I noticed you said you pick and choose now.
I try to listen to them all but some I just can't. Aubrey Marcus I simply cannot listen to for 3 hours when he's on Joe's show because I really don't want to hear about some egotistical guy drone on about how successful he is and what visions he saw on hallucinagenic drugs.
Neither do I want to listen to someone talk about weed for three hours.
Other than that I'll listen, even if it's not someone i'm interested in.

I subscribe to so many fucking podcasts tho. I try to listen to the MMA related ones asap because it's a bit pointless listening to them after events are over if they're discussing the buildup to that event!
At the moment I subscribe to:

* Joe Rogan Experience (hard to listen to religiously now. I listen to 90% of them but some I just can't)
* The Two Mikes (a UK based show on TalkSport. Basically two ex Fleet Street journalists arguing, it's fucking brilliant)
* MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani (even the 4 hour long ones don't seem to drag)
* The Fighter & the Kid (work really well together, sometimes hilarious but Brendan can be a cock sometimes)
* Anik & Florian (pretty good, some good guests, regular spot from Ray Longo, weird hearing Anik swear tho)
* UFC Unfiltered with Jim Norton & Matt Serra (considering the depravity Norton talks about it's pretty amazing this is the official UFC podcast! A fun listen.)
* You're Welcome with Chael Sonnen (always a good listen. Joel Suprenant plays a bigger part now and his banter with Chael is great)
* Phone Booth Fighting (Richard Hunter & Frank Mir. Good listen. Some people seem to dislike Hunter but he seems like an OK guy)
* Sofa King Podcast (just recently subscribed to this. Pretty cool. Loads of talks on conspiracy theories etc.)
* Bill Burr (basically Bill just ranting about stuff, always funny. I fast forward the bits where he talks about American Football)
* The Milo Yiannopoulos Show (everyone should listen to and love this guy!)

YEah man he has a lot of moments like that, i used to listen religiously, now i pick and choose, i dont know which is the last one i listened too besides the one with jon jones

did you listen to the one wit the dude that created the cocaine cowboys podcast, the guy was basically suggesting that maybe some people are born with something off that might make them more prone to mental sickness/ being crazy fucks and rogan immediately assaulted him and yelled for a while because he believes kids are blank slates

who the fuck knows who is right but it was impossible to listen to that shit

I don't remember the one with the cocaine cowboy but long time ago his view of people who couldn't hold down job was " some people may have had terrible experience in the past or a lack of opportunity or maybe a physical and emotional problems prevents them to pull themselves up by the bootstrap"

He went from that to " get your shit together you weak bitches, I worked so hard, harder than anyone I knew from the moment I was delivering papers in early mornings, there is no excuse for this weak minded petty behavior"

He also has said "I was so lucky and blessed work wise, I mean the only two times I auditioned for TV, I got both of them and one of them happened to be Fear Factor which I only stayed for the money and the UFC, I was just doing it for fun and then this thing took off and really anyone could do this job as long as you got some BJJ knowledge"

That's another thing about TFATK.
Brendan in particular likes to talk about how successful he is and they both preach that people who aren't like them aren't working hard enough.
It's a bit like rockstars putting down people who work a 9 to 5 job. Which is ironically 90% of anyone's fanbase.

And there's certain things that irk me. Like when Brendan recently made a big issue out of things when they got quite serious about discussing sexual assault. He said something along the lines of "two white guys shouldn't really be talking about it".
Why race came into that I have absolutely no idea.
And he clearly isn't that well read or intelligent. It's almost like he's just discovered books and the news in the past 2 years. But to be fair to him, he's doing well with what tools he has.
Oh and he also is clearly very very bitter about the UFC. He shits on them at every opportunity and then makes a point of saying how much he loves them.

I noticed you said you pick and choose now.
I try to listen to them all but some I just can't. Aubrey Marcus I simply cannot listen to for 3 hours when he's on Joe's show because I really don't want to hear about some egotistical guy drone on about how successful he is and what visions he saw on hallucinagenic drugs.
Neither do I want to listen to someone talk about weed for three hours.
Other than that I'll listen, even if it's not someone i'm interested in.

I subscribe to so many fucking podcasts tho. I try to listen to the MMA related ones asap because it's a bit pointless listening to them after events are over if they're discussing the buildup to that event!
At the moment I subscribe to:

* Joe Rogan Experience (hard to listen to religiously now. I listen to 90% of them but some I just can't)
* The Two Mikes (a UK based show on TalkSport. Basically two ex Fleet Street journalists arguing, it's fucking brilliant)
* MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani (even the 4 hour long ones don't seem to drag)
* The Fighter & the Kid (work really well together, sometimes hilarious but Brendan can be a cock sometimes)
* Anik & Florian (pretty good, some good guests, regular spot from Ray Longo, weird hearing Anik swear tho)
* UFC Unfiltered with Jim Norton & Matt Serra (considering the depravity Norton talks about it's pretty amazing this is the official UFC podcast! A fun listen.)
* You're Welcome with Chael Sonnen (always a good listen. Joel Suprenant plays a bigger part now and his banter with Chael is great)
* Phone Booth Fighting (Richard Hunter & Frank Mir. Good listen. Some people seem to dislike Hunter but he seems like an OK guy)
* Sofa King Podcast (just recently subscribed to this. Pretty cool. Loads of talks on conspiracy theories etc.)
* Bill Burr (basically Bill just ranting about stuff, always funny. I fast forward the bits where he talks about American Football)
* The Milo Yiannopoulos Show (everyone should listen to and love this guy!)

yeah i listen to most of those, i love bill burr man, im gonna start listening to that uk one and love me some conspiracies thanks

I don't remember the one with the cocaine cowboy but long time ago his view of people who couldn't hold down job was " some people may have had terrible experience in the past or a lack of opportunity or maybe a physical and emotional problems prevents them to pull themselves up by the bootstrap"

He went from that to " get your shit together you weak bitches, I worked so hard, harder than anyone I knew from the moment I was delivering papers in early mornings, there is no excuse for this weak minded petty behavior"

He also has said "I was so lucky and blessed work wise, I mean the only two times I auditioned for TV, I got both of them and one of them happened to be Fear Factor which I only stayed for the money and the UFC, I was just doing it for fun and then this thing took off and really anyone could do this job as long as you got some BJJ knowledge"

Yeah I think what people like Rogan and Schuab like to overlook is that being in the right place at the right time and being lucky also has a lot to do with things.
I'm not saying neither of them work or worked hard, but there are plenty of people who work harder than they ever have and get absolutely nowhere near to the good fortune they've had.

yeah i listen to most of those, i love bill burr man, im gonna start listening to that uk one and love me some conspiracies thanks

I'm not sure if you'd like The Two Mikes or not, it's hard to say until you listen to it first because it's so hard to explain their show.

I only subscribed to Sofa King Podcast a week or so ago, so I downloaded a load of interesting sounding episodes going back to the end of 2015 and from now will just listen to all of them.
Just looking down the list on my phone now, they've got shows on NASA conspiracies, Skinwalker Ranch, Sandy Hook, Waco, JonBenet Ramsey, Roswell, 9/11, Nazi technology, Ed Gein, Jeffrey Dahmer, Jonestown, Yakuza, Princess Diana, Castro, Tupac.

And the best thing about them is that the shows are almost never longer than 90 minutes and they're not like Eddie Bravo insane conspiracy theorists, they look at them from both sides.

Yeah I think what people like Rogan and Schuab like to overlook is that being in the right place at the right time and being lucky also has a lot to do with things.
I'm not saying neither of them work or worked hard, but there are plenty of people who work harder than they ever have and get absolutely nowhere near to the good fortune they've had.

That's true, I give Rogan and Schuab credit for taking a chance and following their dreams and for sure they worked hard to get were they are today. That being said, they also were lucky as you mentioned. Rogan was extremely lucky for going to two auditions and getting the roles and fear factor paid him insane amount of money. His case was unusual since you can have an aspiring actor going to 4 or 5 auditions per day and for many years and never landing the role that pays for their time and dedication.

Regarding Schuab, he did work hard for sure and does have pretty good genetics. That being said, as a fighter he was never exceptional, he was never a guy with great insight in martial arts techniques. He did come at a right in MMA with the Ultimate Fighter but overall, anytime he faced someone legit he would lose big time and his striking from what I have seen was horribly flawed which was shown against Browne.

I am watching William Zabkas movie and he plays a super powered martial arts villain that also fits the description of the person I am trying to find:

the-power-within-216642l.jpg

The fight comment makes me think Segal. If I'm not mistaken there are more than a few stories that surfaced over the years where he was put on blast by various people in embarrassing fashion. Could all be bullshit tho.

Sounds like Joe is being a bit of a bitch himself if he's afraid to name him.
Didn't Judo Gene make Segal shit his pants?

Back