Who is the worst fighter who can beat the champ in the division below them more times than not?

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
This goes beyond everybody having a puncher's chance or anybody can beat anybody on any given day.

Let's start from the bottom.

Joe Soto (BW) beats DJ

Jason Knight (FW) beats TJ

Fransisco Trinaldo (LW) beats healthy Max Holloway. This one is tough because Holloway should be a LW.

Neil Magny (WW) beats Khabib

Thales Leites (MW) beats Tyron Woodley

Ion Cutelaba (LHW) beats Robert Whittaker

Picking a HW to beat Cormier is weird because DC is also the HW champ but I'm going to say Stefan Struve beats DC.

Megan Anderson (FW) beats Amanda Nunes

Almost every BW beats Nicco Montano

Lauren Murphy beats Rose Namajunas

Once again, I'm not saying who is the best fighter to beat the champ below them. I'm saying who is the worst. Clearly such a fighter exists in each division.

Last edited:
I disagree with all your pick....

This goes beyond everybody having a puncher's chance or anybody can beat anybody on any given day.

Joe Soto (BW) beats DJ

Fransisco Trinaldo (LW) beats healthy Max Holloway. This one is tough because Holloway should be a LW.

Picking a HW to beat Cormier is weird because DC is also the HW champ but I'm going to say Stefan Struve beats DC.

Good idea of a thread, but most of your picks are BS

giphy.gif

I am not sure if you are serious. All those picks are very suspect. Especially Struve over DC lol.

I disagree with all your pick....

Good idea of a thread, but most of your picks are BS

This will automatically be one's first impression because of the nature of the question. I'm essentially asking who is the worst guy that can beat the best guy.

So yeah Joe Soto sucks and DJ is a GOAT candidate. But Joe Soto almost went he distance with TJ on one day's notice while DJ, rightfully or not, is ducking TJ.

McConor beats every champ ever.

Then never defends.

But Joe Soto almost went he distance with TJ on one day's notice while DJ, rightfully or not, is ducking TJ.

And that made you assume that Soto beats DJ?
That's not even MMath....I don't even know how to call it.

I am not sure if you are serious. All those picks are very suspect. Especially Struve over DC lol.

I figured DC is small enough for Struve to finally use his height and reach advantage.

Joe Soto (BW) beats DJ

giphy.gif

Ridiculous thread, white belt standard.

So who is the worst welterweight who can beat Khabib more times than not? Such a welterweight clearly exist since weight classes wee created for a reason.

Back