Who is the second greatest MW of all time?

hendo still has the better notable wins at MW though.

Bisping, Gono, Newton, Misaki, Busta, Renzo, Palhares, Chonan.

compared to franklin's:

Tanner x2, Okami, Rivera, The crow, Lutter?

Hendo also fought and beat Ninja, Nakumura, Belfort and Kondo all of who are natural MWs but there fights where contested in Prides MW (LHW) devision

He also holds a MW win over Misaki for what its worth

Its a tough one......either Rich or Hendo

if Franklin wasn't "robbed" in the Hendo fight. we never would have seen hendo smash bisping. just sayin

Bustamunte needs a mention aswell.

Frank Shamrock is the same boat as Saku as they are both natural MWs that fought in a time where there was no devision for them

I'll put Busta in, too. Wanderlei is another fighter that realistically could have fought at 185, I think.

Hendo and also

shamrock-returns-e1340965949321.jpg

I'll put Busta in, too. Wanderlei is another fighter that realistically could have fought at 185, I think.

Wanderli carved out a his own legacy at 205 and is moonlighting as a MW at the back end of his career.

Wanderli carved out a his own legacy at 205 and is moonlighting as a MW at the back end of his career.

Ya, and he is one of the greatest 205ers of all time. I think he could have comfortably made the weight his whole career, though.

Chael P Sonnen, is number one, but if you're going to call Princess Silva number one, then I suppose you can call him number 2.

A man that is undefeated and undisputed, a champion of the people that passed the torch and relinquished his title as he looked for new challenges in the division above.

A true champion, athlete and global hero that people even in Brazil can look up to.

I really thought I knew this but now I'm uncertain... What weight did Frank Shamrock fight at in the UFC?

Top 5 MW (my opinion)

Silva
Hendo
Belfort
Franklin
Sonnen

Belfort doesn't have a single top 10 win at MW. He has a win over a rated Franklin at 195 (which is technically LHW) and Matt Lindland after he had slipped out of the top 10 but otherwise, not a whole lot at MW.

Between Hendo or Frank, Franklin is 4th, Filho at 5.

I'll throw in Nate and Okami for shits.

Last edited:
Belfort doesn't have a single top 10 win at MW. He has a win over a rated Franklin at 195 (which is technically LHW) and Matt Lindland after he had slipped out of the top 10 but otherwise, not a whole lot at MW.

lindland was definitely top 10 when belfort beat him.

Back