Who is the oldest active Muay Thai Boxer? (Pro)

You have to have to have the right connections and people backing you to fight abroad.

John Wayne Parr is still fighting,he must be 40 +

Saenchai is 39, and his last good opponent was Chadd Collins in 2017.

Is Wanchalong the current active oldest high level stadium fighter?

If think so, also Sittisak, Channel 7 champion and only six months younger than him.

If think so, also Sittisak, Channel 7 champion and only six months younger than him.
Also Nong-O is 33. His fight against Alaverdi seems to be in kickboxing, but there are some potential good muay thai opponents in ONE, such as Sangmanee, and Nuenglanlek. I think he'd have a solid chance against both.

He might not be fighting the best of the best but Saenchai is still pretty much fighting every month still.
Of course if you only count high level stadium it's a different story.

He might not be fighting the best of the best but Saenchai is still pretty much fighting every month still.
Of course if you only count high level stadium it's a different story.
I think Saenchai could still be at the top. Skillwise, for sure, but maybe fighting 10 times a year and cutting weight would be too tough. 5 rounds against a clincher would require a lot of cardio aswell.

I think Saenchai could still be at the top. Skillwise, for sure, but maybe fighting 10 times a year and cutting weight would be too tough. 5 rounds against a clincher would require a lot of cardio aswell.

Be among the top maybe, but I don't think he would be on a 54 win streak in the stadiums at age 39. He's already fighting 10 times a year btw, but I don't think he's got anything left to prove in the stadiums where the pay is most likely lower and where he has a much higher chance of losing and getting KO'd.

We can all agree Saenchai's opponents haven't been the highest level, but it's still crazy with how active he is and how many fights he's won in a row that he hasn't gotten caught by anyone or even put in danger. We're still waiting for that upset KO loss and it just isn't happening. Regardless of competition that is still pretty remarkable at his age.

Be among the top maybe, but I don't think he would be on a 54 win streak in the stadiums at age 39.
LOL never claimed that. But i think he could easily beat guys like extra, yamin etc and possibly some 1 tier fighters

I don't blame saenchai or anything he needs to get paid. But so many of his fights these days are pointless. He can still raise his game. You can see he looks sharper against better competition onjen topic, chadd collins etc. I don't wanna see man u beat buriam fc 8-0. So why would i wanna see saenchai knockout some dude who can barely throw a punch. Manny pacquaio aged 41 just beat an undefeated world champion keith thurman in a 12 round fight. Saenchai is fightin 3 round fights against novices. Sad thing is he is probably earning more fighting these bums than he would be fighting in the stadiums.

I don't blame saenchai or anything he needs to get paid. But so many of his fights these days are pointless. He can still raise his game. You can see he looks sharper against better competition onjen topic, chadd collins etc. I don't wanna see man u beat buriam fc 8-0. So why would i wanna see saenchai knockout some dude who can barely throw a punch. Manny pacquaio aged 41 just beat an undefeated world champion keith thurman in a 12 round fight. Saenchai is fightin 3 round fights against novices. Sad thing is he is probably earning more fighting these bums than he would be fighting in the stadiums.

Pacquiao started fighting professionally at age 16 and has 71 professional fights. Compare that to Saenchai who started fighting professionally at 8 years old and has 350+ fights and you can maybe understand why one is still fighting at the top while the other is on a retirement tour.

Not only that but its much more common to still be fighting at 40 in western boxing than in muay thai.

Pacquiao started fighting professionally at age 16 and has 71 professional fights. Compare that to Saenchai who started fighting professionally at 8 years old and has 350+ fights and you can maybe understand why one is still fighting at the top while the other is on a retirement tour.

Not only that but its much more common to still be fighting at 40 in western boxing than in muay thai.
True but i think saenchai is still capable of fighting at the top level. Obviously not 8 or 10 fights a year. But it would be better if he fought 3 or 4 meaningfull fighters a year and got well paid for them that would be better. saenchai hasn't had any serious injuries. Most of pacquaio's sparring sessions coming up to a big fight would be harder than quite a few of saenchai's fights. A lot of the damage in boxing is done in sparring. Cte wise.

Saenchais last fights against thais in 2014

He also had a loss against Singdam and a win over Nong-O the same year.

Saenchai was able to have such a long career because he doesn't take a lot of damage. However, as you can see in the fights against the clinchers, he did take a lot of damage. If he kept fighting at that level, it'd be way too punishing for the body. Much preferable to fight low level guys and earn easy money.

Last edited:
Saenchais last fights against thais in 2014

He also had a loss against Singdam and a win over Nong-O the same year.

Saenchai was able to have such a long career because he doesn't take a lot of damage. However, as you can see in the fights against the clinchers, he takes a lot of damage. If he kept fighting at that level, it'd be way too punishing for the body. Much preferable to fight low level guys and earn easy money.

I remember the petmorakot fight they made saenchai come in 2 or 3 pounds lighter than petmorakot to even things out. As i said before i don't blame saenchai. Pacquaio wouldn't be fighting the likes of keith thurma if he was getiing less than 10 grand like saenchai is getting in the stadiums. Its just a pity he couldn't fight 3 really well paid fights a year against top competition. Obviously its not the way things work in muay thai.

Lerdsila still fighting at 39 years aswell. Sok Thy, Michael Savvas and Elias Mahmoudi are perhaps not creme de la creme, but not cans either.

Lerdsila still fighting at 39 years aswell. Sok Thy, Michael Savvas and Elias Mahmoudi are perhaps not creme de la creme, but not cans either.
Mahmoudi is very good

We can all agree Saenchai's opponents haven't been the highest level, but it's still crazy with how active he is and how many fights he's won in a row that he hasn't gotten caught by anyone or even put in danger. We're still waiting for that upset KO loss and it just isn't happening. Regardless of competition that is still pretty remarkable at his age.
Since then i watched live Yod being knocked out by some russian dude on "Kard Chuek" rules i los my faith on humanity

I think is inevitable,Saenchai is gonna get dropped as long as he still active in fighting

he still very fast,talented, didnt look like he is an almost 40yo fighter

He is the Bernard Hopkins of KB-MT

Aerts was like this too, old warrior way more affected by the time than Saenchai,but he had the heart of a champion doing the best he could after his golden years gone

Mahmoudi is very good
Of course, they're all good. Momotaro was also quite skilled imo.

I think Saeksan is an example of how an aging fighter still fighting in the 1st tier league,he took a lot of punishment in his latest fights and lost most. But if he fought 2nd tier fighters he'd probably be on a winning streak. Obviously a different fighting style but you get the point

Last edited:
the guys from the Stadiums have their prime time while pretty much teenagers-younger mans

Back