Who Is The Most Physically Gifted Heavyweight Fighter Of All Time?

Blackjack

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Of anyone who ever fought in MMA or NHB, which heavyweight fighter, or fighter who you think would be able to successfully compete at the heavyweight level if he were in his prime now, had the most physical gifts regarding strength, speed, size, athleticism, etc?

11602.jpg
b7a91316a99384204a71c3d9163146f5.0.0.jpg

Last edited:
Of anyone who ever fought in MMA or NHB, which heavyweight fighter, or fighter who you think would be able to successfully compete at the heavyweight level if he were in his prime now, had the most physical gifts regarding strength, speed, size, athleticism, etc?

define "athleticism"

You probably need to consider these attributes separately, I don't think there is a fighter who would be the #1 in all of them simultaneously.

Fedor or Cro Cop.

Brock was very "gifted"

You probably need to consider these attributes separately, I don't think there is a fighter who would be the #1 in all of them simultaneously.

Maybe not, but then you have to decide who you think has or had the best combination of strength, speed, and size.

Id say Overeem, Aleksander Emelianenko or Bobby Lashley, in terms of pure athletic skill and raw talent. Brock is actually a bit uncoordinated.

Edit: and Ngannou.

Last edited:
Id say Overeem, Schilt, Aleksander Emelianenko or Bobby Lashley, in terms of pure athletic skill and raw talent. Brock is actually a bit uncoordinated.

I think Ngannou is stronger, faster and bigger than all of them (except Shilt re size ofc).

In terms of overall phisicality it might be Alexsander Emelianenko. That piece of shit has incredible handspeed and Fedor also stated multiple times that Aleks is much more phisically gifted than him he just doesnt commit to training that much.

bobobobobobob.jpg

Is another contender for me. 350lbs lean, 6'5 with 7'0 reach. Iron chin, faster and better cardio than you'd expect (at least at his peak). What he did with zero background in fighting or even wrestling was pretty remarkable.

Like Brock he was obviously a massive gear abuser but still. That said, he's worthless in the context of a 265lb weight limit, whereas Bork can actually make the cut.

Last edited:
bobobobobobob.jpg

Is another contender for me. 350lbs lean, 6'5 with 7'2 reach. Iron chin, faster and better cardio than you'd expect (at least at his peak). What he did with zero background in fighting or even wrestling was pretty remarkable.

Like Brock he was obviously a massive gear abuser but still. That said, he's worthless in the context of a 265lb weight limit, whereas Bork can actually make the cut.

Did he break Noguiera's neck in their fight? I heard Fedor refused to fight Sapp, even though steroids were allowed in PRIDE.

Did he break Noguiera's neck in their fight? I heard Fedor refused to fight Sapp, even though steroids were allowed in PRIDE.
Supposedly it was one of the worst injuries Nog sustained in his whole career, yeah. He said he was actually knocked out by the slam, but was woken up by Bob's GnP. I've heard that Fedor didn't want to fight Bob as well. Can definitely see why though, he was a scary guy at that time.

Back