Who is the greatest fighter of all time?

Who is the greatest fighter of all time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was it ever not Anderson?

for a brief moment in time i think people doubted his legitimacy because he got popped but after taking the DC fight, people should realize that Anderson is not that guy. Anderson is a fighter, not a cheater like Sonnen or a pussy like Georges.

I don't hate Aldo. I just usually hate Conor's opponents. ;)

Aldo looked great against Edgar, glad I tossed a decent bet on him. Aldo at + odds against anyone beside McGregor at FW? Count me in. Loved this moment, think it sums up the fight.

Yeah the fight had me super pumped, I was jumping up and down felt like a kid, was cold and calculated Aldo mixed with a bit of his WEC wild side, but at the right moment. Was an awesome fight lol

I'm curious to know who sherdog thinks is GOAT as of Aug 2016

Fedor Emelienenko
Undefeated for 10 years with 31 wins and only lost one round. 24 finishes during that time 5 over former ufc champions plus the pride champion x2, the pride owgp winner and UFC tournament winner. Also beat k1 champions elite grapplers and guys that were extremely larger than him. Lost one round in his 7th fight, after that he won every round during that streak in dominant fashion. There was never an argument about whether he won or not. He dominated everyone his first 31 fights.

GSP
25 wins 5 over former UFC champions. Has the most top 10 wins and won in dominating fashion majority of the time. Lost 2 rounds to Hendricks and arguably one to condit. Has many decision wins. Avenged all losses.

Jon Jones
Undefeated for 8 years with 22 wins over 5 former champions. 15 finishes and lots of dominant performances. Lost 1 round to machida and rashad, lost 2 rounds to DC and Gus. Still undefeated.

Anderson Silva
Won 17 in a row over 4 former ufc champions and the pride champion. Had success moving up to LHW even beat a former champ and looked flawless doing it. Took lots of chances to finish but often lost rounds because of it. Dominant champion with lots of finishes.

Jose Aldo
25 wins over 4 former UFC/wec champions with one loss during that time. Lost one round to Florian, Edgar, and Mendes in their 2nd fight. Dominant champion with 16 finishes. Still potential to add to his legacy.

And to celebrate my 10th sherdog bday I upgraded to a premium account for your viewing pleasure. Check out my improved AV

Answer key: Georges St-Pierre.

You're welcome.

TyroneWoodleyGOAT
Tyrone Bless
WoodleyGOATsLeft

Anderson. Record 10 UFC title defenses, 16 straight UFC wins, and did it in spectacular fashion.

Based on level of competition and dominance over said competition, GSP.

Jon Jones because he's the only fighter in that list who hasn't been legitimately defeated.

Anderson Silva because he successfully defended his tittle the most. Look at how much the champions have been losing as of late it makes you appreciate Anderson even more.

Based on finishing opponents and having top 5 wins in 3 weight classes. Anderson.

fedor.jpg

If you don't care about PEDs:

1. GSP
2. Fedor
3. Jones
4. Silva
5. Cruz

If you do:

1. GSP
2. Fedor
3. Cruz
4. Aldo
5. Johnson

Fedor almost always wins these.

I voted Fedor.

I'm shocked at the impact the positive test has had on Anderson's popularity in these polls.

I voted Fedor but I feel it is a close contest and I'm surprised how low Anderson is right now.

Legitimate question: Has there ever been one of these polls that Fedor Emelianenko HASN'T won?

Fedor almost always wins these.

I voted Fedor.

I'm shocked at the impact the positive test has had on Anderson's popularity in these polls.
Exactly. Anderson is probably UFC GOAT but people let the last couple of years cloud their judgment.

Back